Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 11:35 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,624,916 times

Advertisements

This article does not state this but the Same company (Ironco) was at a job fair offering a starting pay at $13 per hour (with zero experience)...couldn't find many takers. I can post link to the other article tonight when I get home...For now you can read about his solution...

Quote:
When the economy turns around, Sheridan Bailey figures he has an ace in the hole if his Phoenix-based Ironco Enterprises needs to hire employees quickly.

However, those workers likely won't be from the Valley. Bailey plans to use a steel fabricator in Tijuana, Mexico.

The reason: Arizona's employer sanctions law

Link to story AZ Central.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 11:56 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,348,404 times
there are 3 to 4 MILLION LEGAL farm/ag workers who are permitted to enter the US each year and that number is being increased!

and I grow my own (CLEAN & SAFE)... veggies and such.

Americans have been working on farms for generations.. we don't need OR
want illegals!

Legals are more than welcome!
THE REST OF YOU... GET THE **** OUT!

Old 09-26-2008, 12:29 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,784,103 times
I would like a simple health examination to insure our produce is free from blood born pathogens. Is this too much to ask our government? Right now they are too busy stealing all our money to worry about health standards. Shucks.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:31 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,601,151 times
Quote:
Ironco, which worked on downtown Phoenix's Convention Center and Arizona State University's dorms, is among a handful of Arizona-based companies that are considering exporting work to Mexico or are exporting work to Mexico as they adapt to the Legal Arizona Workers Act that took effect Jan. 1.
In other words, if they can't hire cheap "illegal" labor here, they will move operations to Mexico and hire their cheap labor there. Americans should add this unethical company to their list of companies to boycott. Good riddance!

Old 09-26-2008, 12:48 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,778,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In other words, if they can't hire cheap "illegal" labor here, they will move operations to Mexico and hire their cheap labor there. Americans should add this unethical company to their list of companies to boycott. Good riddance!
I could not agree more, Benicar.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:24 PM

50,545 posts, read 47,357,984 times
From the article
Although some companies are exporting jobs, an overwhelming majority of small businesses in Arizona say the employer sanctions law has had no impact on them, according to a recent survey. Even fewer businesses are saying the law has had a negative impact, an Arizona Small Business Association survey said.

============

And any Ag Company that moves it to Mexico is committing suicide. The latest E-coli and Salmonella news has crippled the growers in Mexico because of the shoddy practices. It was killing it in the US too until they found more proof it was coming from Mexico.

Salmonella Saintpaul found on Mexican Jalapeno Peppers in a Texas Plant : Marler Blog

Old 09-26-2008, 01:35 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,099,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
From the article
Although some companies are exporting jobs, an overwhelming majority of small businesses in Arizona say the employer sanctions law has had no impact on them, according to a recent survey. Even fewer businesses are saying the law has had a negative impact, an Arizona Small Business Association survey said.

============

And any Ag Company that moves it to Mexico is committing suicide. The latest E-coli and Salmonella news has crippled the growers in Mexico because of the shoddy practices. It was killing it in the US too until they found more proof it was coming from Mexico.

Salmonella Saintpaul found on Mexican Jalapeno Peppers in a Texas Plant : Marler Blog
It sounds great, I hope they keep shipping the businesses to Mexico, then
the Mexican people will have a job without Ice hanging over their heads.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
It sounds great, I hope they keep shipping the businesses to Mexico, then
the Mexican people will have a job without Ice hanging over their heads.
I suppose you wouldn't mind if they ship your job to Mexico as well. Is there ANYTHING you like about the USA?

Old 09-26-2008, 01:57 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,764,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I suppose you wouldn't mind if they ship your job to Mexico as well. Is there ANYTHING you like about the USA?
If these companies can't find people to do the jobs here, what do you expect them to do?

Old 09-26-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
If these companies can't find people to do the jobs here, what do you expect them to do?
It’s not that they can’t find people here; they simply can’t find them for the cheap rates they have grown to love. It’s nothing but greed, and greed will lead to the demise of this country. This is the same excuse they used for annihilating our manufacturing industries by outsourcing to China. GREED, GREED, GREED!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration