Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2008, 08:11 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,419,958 times

Advertisements

A San Francisco court ruling that a 14-year-old illegal immigrant accused of dealing crack cocaine should be sent to foster care rather than face criminal prosecution is stirring fears that the city again is allowing undocumented aliens to buck the system.

Juvenile Court Commissioner Abby Abinanti said Monday that the Honduran boy, known only as Francisco G., should be considered a victim and receive treatment through the foster-care system. Barring federal intervention, that would allow him to stay in the United States, the San Francisco Chronicle reports.

Francisco G. was arrested on July 17 on a felony charge of suspicion of dealing crack cocaine. Abinanti decided it would be better for him to be turned over to social workers for placement in a group home, the paper reported. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials have placed a "hold" on him for possible immigration.

The case is the city's latest involving suspects who have been shielded by the sanctuary San Francisco offers to illegal immigrants.

Last month, a reputed gang member from El Salvador, 21-year-old Edwin Ramos, was charged with three counts of murder in the deaths of two men and their father — killed, police said, in a case of mistaken identity. Ramos had been arrested at least three times prior to the shooting and evaded deportation due in part to San Francisco's sanctuary policy.

FOXNews.com - New Drug Case Puts San Francisco's Illegal Immigrant Sanctuary Policy Back in Spotlight - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Here's a link to add'l stories at SF news:
Court rules S.F. teen illegal needs services
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 10:04 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,463,835 times
Well, here's further proof that the US is maintaining "separate" rules for illegals. I wonder what the law usually does with juveniles who are busted for dealing crack. Do they also get to pick foster care?

Sickening, this double standard. I hope more and more citizens are waking up to the reality of the pandering going on around us!

Old 08-28-2008, 10:24 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,651,156 times
i would imagine that all 14 year old crack dealers have a sob story of one sort or another....and I bet their stories are a hell of a lot worse then this kids Yet, they face criminal prosecution and I have to wonder, how can that be? For how many years did the civil rights fight against two justice systems, only to have this thrown in all of our collective faces?
Wrong is wrong no matter how 'good' it makes you feel. Kinda like that crack, feel good liberalism is addictive and ultimately just as destructive.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:05 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,419,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
i would imagine that all 14 year old crack dealers have a sob story of one sort or another....and I bet their stories are a hell of a lot worse then this kids Yet, they face criminal prosecution and I have to wonder, how can that be? For how many years did the civil rights fight against two justice systems, only to have this thrown in all of our collective faces?
Wrong is wrong no matter how 'good' it makes you feel. Kinda like that crack, feel good liberalism is addictive and ultimately just as destructive.
Agreed. Great post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration