Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:46 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,419,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I just read that he has family in Mexico - gee, who would have thought? Maybe he should have taken part in my recent poll.
They all do. Many of them are anchor babies/Dreamies waiting on amnesty for their breeders and the opportunity to chain migrate their millions of famila that they left behind.

Whether Obama or McCain is selected I have a feeling that once they institute their agenda of shoving amnesty down our throats every 3rd world hell hole on the planet will open every door, window and jail cell to gift us with their unwanted, dysfunctional garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 11:46 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,463,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
I don't know. Ask the Government.
We all know what would happen if anyone ever DARED to do such a thing.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:04 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,693,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Why should the vast majority of immigrants, legal or illegal, originate from one country? How is that benefiting the "diversity" pro-illegals tout?
A while ago, some people suggested we allow immigration based on needs of the country (example: preference to highly qualified people like engineers who were in short supply); they also wanted to drastically reduce quotas for relatives (of existing immigrants) to come over. Many of the relatives brought over are often a burden to US. However, most politicians - more dems like Kennedy and some reps - did not agree with this, for obvious reasons. So, immigration, for better or worse, is less diverse than it could be.
US now lets in far more people based on quotas for relatives than for US needs. Many potential highly-qualified legals have to wait years to get a green card. But, if you were an illegal when Regan pardoned everyone, you were given one immediately. Bush also wanted another round of amnesty. Notice that both Dem & Rep names come up. Both parties need to get election money from the corporations who want cheap labor, and hence we are screwed.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:08 PM

50,459 posts, read 47,177,398 times
Now really, would an educated, wealthy Mexican coming here on a Visa to work a job as a Programmer give one rat butt flying patoot about some uneducated, impoverished Illegal Alien standing outside home dump?

Old 09-05-2008, 12:08 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,159,379 times
If the Government wanted to do something, it would have done so already. Look how fast they reacted to Iraq. But wait a minute-- the majority if the people on this board are NOT blaming the Government. They're blaming illegals. That's like blaming a random kid for some man's actions. After all, how many articles are there criticizing the Government of their irrisponsibility to enforce our borders? How many articles are there criticizing Mexico and illegal aliens?

Old 09-05-2008, 12:10 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,463,835 times
you need to learn the difference between perp, and enabler.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
you need to learn the difference between perp, and enabler.
If you help someone bury a body you commit a crime too.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:14 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,336,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
If the Government wanted to do something, it would have done so already. Look how fast they reacted to Iraq. But wait a minute-- the majority if the people on this board are NOT blaming the Government. They're blaming illegals. That's like blaming a random kid for some man's actions. After all, how many articles are there criticizing the Government of their irrisponsibility to enforce our borders? How many articles are there criticizing Mexico and illegal aliens?
Not true-most of us on this board do blame the government-as well as greedy corporations and illegal aliens. Just because our government and greedy corporations are in the wrong-illegals should get a free pass? I don't think so. Regardless of anything else-illegal aliens are in the wrong. They know they are wrong. There is no justifucation for their illegal behavior-NONE. They are not innocent victims. They come here illegally of their own free will and in many cases commit ID theft or fraud-again of their own free will.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:16 PM

50,459 posts, read 47,177,398 times
I blame the Govt 1st and the businesses that hire 2nd, the Illegal Aliens 3rd and the enablers 4th.

The first amnesty started this sham. For that I blame the Govt, the big help wanted (at all cost to American workers) sign needs to come down.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Not true-most of us on this board do blame the government-as well as greedy corporations and illegal aliens. Just because our government and greedy corporations are in the wrong-illegals should get a free pass? I don't think so. Regardless of anything else-illegal aliens are in the wrong. They know they are wrong. There is no justifucation for their illegal behavior-NONE. They are not innocent victims. They come here illegally of their own free will and in many cases commit ID theft or fraud-again of their own free will.

Just how many articles on this board are there accusing the Government of not enforcing our borders? How many articles are there blaming illegal immigrants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration