Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2008, 12:07 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,422,724 times

Advertisements

She discussed the foundation's support for the American Dream Fund sponsorship, which helps children of illegal immigrants pursue their dreams of a college education.

Budinger said the support fits the overall mission of the foundation: To help students whose biggest obstacle is not academics, but personal economics.

Budinger: American Dream includes education for all

Really? One would think being an illegal alien who perpetually breaks laws to remain in this country illegally would be the biggest obstacle they face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 12:16 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,575,257 times
Where is my check? I am still paying off loans on the kids' education . . . as well as a loan my hubby incurred when he got his doctorate. I should have changed my last name to Rodriguez. Dang.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:31 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,422,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Where is my check? I am still paying off loans on the kids' education . . . as well as a loan my hubby incurred when he got his doctorate. I should have changed my last name to Rodriguez. Dang.
Exactly. Many of them use the {SOB) excuse that they were brought here illegally as children and consider themselves Americans as a result and justification of their parents criminal behavior.

What is not taken into consideration by those who play into the use of the sympathy card is that those former illegal alien children are now adults making their own decisions but obviously not capable of doing the right thing and returning to their homelands.

Their decisions have been:

Attend Universities and occupy a seat that an American child has the RIGHT to sit in;

Drive automobiles without licenses, sometimes under the influence of alcohol;

When stopped:

Lie to the police officer and pretend they forgot their non-existent license;

Lie to the judge and pay the fine to get out of the ticket and deportation; (see DREAM ACT website. Disclaimer: They have erased many of their self incriminating statements after they were posted here in another thread)

Avoid checkpoints;

Lie to their fellow students and pretend they are citizens of the US;

Skirt the laws by whatever means necessary to avoid detection and deportation;

Never give a thought to going HOME and coming back the LEGAL WAY;

Wishing death upon many of our elected officials simply because they do not support amnesty.

Whining incessantly about their self imposed illegal status.

My favorite:

America is falling apart at the seams and all they whine about is wanting AMNESTY and how hard it is to be an illegal.

They fail to realize that they have taken on all of the characteristics of their criminal parents. Do we really want to give citizenship to millions of second generation criminals?

Their self absorbency knows no bounds.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:09 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,584,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Budinger said the support fits the overall mission of the foundation: To help students whose biggest obstacle is not academics, but personal economics.

Really? One would think being an illegal alien who perpetually breaks laws to remain in this country illegally would be the biggest obstacle they face.
Agreed. Furthermore, what about the "personal economics" of legal students? Funds are limited, and should be reserved for legal citizens of this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration