Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 07:44 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,757,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
I wonder what the next threat to American freedom will be? After all of the illegal immigrants are deported/granted amnesty/blend in and we forget about them, who's next?
Latinos or just immigrants in general.
Or maybe just immigrants who were originally illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 08:44 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,418,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You are mistaking white-hot anger for fear. I fear no one. Least of all some illegal. The fact that they work as unskilled laborers is not what will undo the US. The very large group of overwhelmingly uneducated, unskilled illegal immigrants are always going to use more in benefits than they contribute in taxes. If you don't think this is a problem, you may want to read about the tremendous healthcare and education costs American citizens are left holding the bag for as a result of our cowardly politicians failure to do the right thing. Our generous benefit system, which was intended to provide for poor Americans, has been prostituted to serve a group of individuals who have no business being here in the first place. These people are interested only in what they can get for themselves, if an American citizen suffers because their hand is in the cookie jar, this bothers them not one iota. They are like a parasite- but not a very smart one because a successful parasite does not kill it's host.
You not only summed it up but nailed it with your entire post. I am honored to rep you!

Old 07-27-2008, 09:01 PM

638 posts, read 1,849,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
. . illegals have brought this on the law abiding Hispanic citizens who have nothing to do with the illegals or the people who seem to be all for them and open borders.
Honestly, I've had a problem viewing Hispanics as Americans after seeing them marching alongside of the illegal aliens in this country waiving flags of Mexico, etc. The apologists can say what they will, but I think illegal aliens have shown their colors quite clearly with what they think of America's sovereignty.

So I think the two groups who have a vested interest in being against illegal aliens, are "immigrants', and Hispanics.

Because the word "immigrant" is used instead of the correct definition "alien", I can understand immigrants naturally taking a defensive position on this often heated exchange because they're being included on the wrong side of the equation. The propaganda works to exclude them from the solution.

Nobody is against immigration, but the outright invasion of our borders by a million Hispanics each year? How can anyone be in favor of this?

They are not immigrants.

From my perspective, Hispanics have a problem similar to Muslims, who as individuals, might not be extremists, but in their refusal to be in opposition to it, they endorse it. I think the word is acquience. If someone says, "I am a Muslim first, then an American . . ", and you can see problems with that statement, juxtipose it, "I am Hispanic first, then an American." There are always exceptions, but the priorities I've seen from the Hispanic community thus far is promoting this mentality, and they favor illegal aliens simply because they are Hispanic, regardless of its impact on America.

This leaves the impression Hispanics do not care about America.

How many Hispanics do you know are willing to challenge la raza on issues that are clearly pro-illegal alien? By the way, if you can find "illegal alien" on that website other than the promotion of "hate speech" laws, I'll owe you a coffee.

National Council of La Raza: Policies (http://www.nclr.org/content/policy/detail/1063/ - broken link)

I would love to have my perceptions changed.

To date, I have only heard 3 Hispanics dissassociate themselves with illegal aliens, and you're one of them. The other two, Cuba and Puerto Rico.

So I think Hispanics have a vested interest in being part of the solution, but as long as they are pro-amnesty and promote the creation of a bilingual America, how can we even begin to look at the same page?

Search words :
Mecha
Reconquista
Aztlan

Old 07-27-2008, 09:19 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,577,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
Honestly, I've had a problem viewing Hispanics as Americans after seeing them marching alongside of the illegal aliens in this country waiving flags of Mexico, etc. The apologists can say what they will, but I think illegal aliens have shown their colors quite clearly with what they think of America's sovereignty.

So I think the two groups who have a vested interest in being against illegal aliens, are "immigrants', and Hispanics.

Because the word "immigrant" is used instead of the correct definition "alien", I can understand immigrants naturally taking a defensive position on this often heated exchange because they're being included on the wrong side of the equation. The propaganda works to exclude them from the solution.

Nobody is against immigration, but the outright invasion of our borders by a million Hispanics each year? How can anyone be in favor of this?

They are not immigrants.

From my perspective, Hispanics have a problem similar to Muslims, who as individuals, might not be extremists, but in their refusal to be in opposition to it, they endorse it. I think the word is acquience. If someone says, "I am a Muslim first, then an American . . ", and you can see problems with that statement, juxtipose it, "I am Hispanic first, then an American." There are always exceptions, but the priorities I've seen from the Hispanic community thus far is promoting this mentality, and they favor illegal aliens simply because they are Hispanic, regardless of its impact on America.

This leaves the impression Hispanics do not care about America.

How many Hispanics do you know are willing to challenge la raza on issues that are clearly pro-illegal alien? By the way, if you can find "illegal alien" on that website other than the promotion of "hate speech" laws, I'll owe you a coffee.

National Council of La Raza: Policies (http://www.nclr.org/content/policy/detail/1063/ - broken link)

I would love to have my perceptions changed.

To date, I have only heard 3 Hispanics dissassociate themselves with illegal aliens, and you're one of them. The other two, Cuba and Puerto Rico.

So I think Hispanics have a vested interest in being part of the solution, but as long as they are pro-amnesty and promote the creation of a bilingual America, how can we even begin to look at the same page?

Search words :
Mecha
Reconquista
Aztlan
Great post! The protest marchers waving Mexican flags is precisely what has changed many opinions of illegal immigration. I know it changed mine.

Actually, there are many anti-illegal Hispanics. Unfortunately, their voices have been muted by the vociferous rants of illegal alien profiteers, namely La Raza.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:21 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,160,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Great post! The protest marchers waving Mexican flags is precisely what has changed many opinions of illegal immigration. I know it changed mine.

Actually, there are many anti-illegal Hispanics. Unfortunately, their voices have been muted by the vociferous rants of illegal alien profiteers, namely La Raza.
That was the 'tipping point' for me as well-------suffice to say: I used to be a bit more 'left wing' than today........

Old 07-27-2008, 09:22 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,579,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You are mistaking white-hot anger for fear. I fear no one. Least of all some illegal. The fact that they work as unskilled laborers is not what will undo the US. The very large group of overwhelmingly uneducated, unskilled illegal immigrants are always going to use more in benefits than they contribute in taxes. If you don't think this is a problem, you may want to read about the tremendous healthcare and education costs American citizens are left holding the bag for as a result of our cowardly politicians failure to do the right thing. Our generous benefit system, which was intended to provide for poor Americans, has been prostituted to serve a group of individuals who have no business being here in the first place. These people are interested only in what they can get for themselves, if an American citizen suffers because their hand is in the cookie jar, this bothers them not one iota. They are like a parasite- but not a very smart one because a successful parasite does not kill it's host.
Then answer me this, andrebeth. I live in Texas. We have tons of illegals yet we have a 10 billion dollar state surplus. Couldn't one argue that since Texas has very high sales taxes illegals in our state are actually profitable?

Old 07-28-2008, 08:20 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,481,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Then answer me this, andrebeth. I live in Texas. We have tons of illegals yet we have a 10 billion dollar state surplus. Couldn't one argue that since Texas has very high sales taxes illegals in our state are actually profitable?
I am uncertain just how much of Texas' 10 billion dollar surplus can be attributed to the contributions of illegal aliens. I suspect rising energy prices may have more to do with it.

Quote:
Even with record-high oil prices, the state treasury isn't awash in oil money, as it was in the days when black gold was the undisputed king of the Texas economy.

But those high prices have sparked a 58 percent jump in oil production tax receipts so far this fiscal year, helping fuel what state leaders hope will be a large surplus for the 2009 legislative session.

Natural gas production taxes are up by almost 30 percent, and higher energy royalties also have boosted Texas' educational endowments.
Chron.com | News, search and shopping from the Houston Chronicle

The other problem with the 'illegal aliens paying sales tax' scenario is that illegal aliens are not going to be buying a new BMW, sailboat, baby grand piano or Sub-Zero refrigerator. The family of an American citizen who is an accountant is probably going to pay far more in sales taxes. It appears most food, over the counter medications and things like sunblock, bandaids, contact lens solution and antiperspirants are also exempt. It is not clear to me that the sales taxes paid by illegal aliens are one of the main reasons for the budget surplus that the state of Texas will have. But I am pleased that the legal citizens of Texas will hopefully get a break. They certainly deserve one.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:22 PM

195 posts, read 515,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I didn't say that he was anti-illegal. Did you read my post? I posted that because of the fact that so many Hispanics in our country wish to see it become Mexico and not stay American, as it once was.
I now several people who are Hispanic and disassociate themselves from their own culture because of how most view this problem with illegal immigration.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:40 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,345,389 times
I am anti open borders with ANY group because you simply cant say "Everyone REGARDLESS of who you are come on in"

USA simply can not afford this we are in real financial trouble ..Drugs are POURING in and you cant have other countries open their prisons and dump them in USA.

Most politicians if not all in Latin America regardless of country are corrupt slimey creatures . I think many if not MOST of the Hispanic politicians here in America are just as bad .

Why would anyone want to leave that sewer only to turn USA into the same sewer ?

Illegals are coming from Mexico but they are also coming from ALL of Latin America.

I was born in Cuba my mom was on waiting list for 6 yrs to come here the USA gvmt knew everything about her .
After time she was allowed to legally come than you had the huge illegal migration from Cuba and Miami was a west World. Killings daily countless rapes -Drug lords ran things (Thank God for FBI because Cuban politicians solved NOTHING).

Immigration is great but you must know who is coming you can not just let anyone in.

To leave a sewer than want to turn the country that gave you a home into another sewer is a tragedy and many Hispanics need to see that .

Some that I know call me an "Uncle Tom" for saying this but facts BACK ME UP 100%

Old 07-28-2008, 04:47 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,345,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Hispanics who are anti illegals which are huge in numbers the media wont even have on.
A co worker Mexican American was scheduled to debate LA Razas spokes woman 3 times on ABC it was cancelled each time and instead they had a White woman debate her so they can play it as a race things.

Not to mention the woman was terrible didnt get her points across my co worker would have eaten up La Raza .

La Raza does a huge diservice to Mexican Americans be it taxes used for illegals, crime ,etc and my friend was going to show in detail how .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration