Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 02:20 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,417,488 times

Advertisements

The lawsuit is being filed on behalf of LUPE, Proyecto Juan Diego, Proyecto Digna, and San Felipe Community Church in Brownsville.

“We want Border Patrol to give us information about its plans to check immigration documents and its plan to keep checkpoints open during a hurricane evacuation,” said LUPE Executive Director Juanita Valdez-Cox.

“The people of the Valley have a right to know if safety is going to come first in the event of a natural disaster, or whether Border Patrol will be checking immigration status. If they do, families are going to be split.”

Lawsuit to be filed over Border Patrol's work in hurricane evacuation process | RioGrandeGuardian.com | news source for the border

The demands just keep on coming. If you're here illegally, get out of my country. You are not above the law and if you are caught, this isnot a monopoly game and you should go to jail . . .. .directly to jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 03:09 PM

219 posts, read 425,482 times
If they are afraid of being seperated. Here is what we'll do ...
Ok, get on the bus with your kids/parents all together and we are going to go for a little ride - straight to the border! And stay there!

The Rev. Mike Seifert, of San Felipe Community Church in Cameron Park, Brownsville, said that despite the comments of Chertoff and Vitiello, the damage has been done. “Border Patrol has ruined the evacuation process by planting doubt in people’s minds,” Seifert told the Guardian

Shame on them for doing their job. It's all their fault!

“If someone doesn't come out to be helped there's nothing we can do about it,” Peña said

My thoughts exactly!

About 20 percent of the Valley’s one million-plus population is believed to be undocumented. A majority of the 130,000 residents that could be evacuated by bus are likely to lack the necessary paperwork to prove they are U.S. citizens, visa holders or legal residents.

Is that all? Oh, then that is ok. 20%!!!!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 03:28 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,565,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGrrrrrl View Post

About 20 percent of the Valley’s one million-plus population is believed to be undocumented. A majority of the 130,000 residents that could be evacuated by bus are likely to lack the necessary paperwork to prove they are U.S. citizens, visa holders or legal residents.
!
Once again, congratulations to the "PC police" for yet another masterful job of 'making nice'. A majority of these folks"LACK THE PAPERWORK to PROVE THEY'RE US CITIZENS...or VISA HOLDERS...or LEGAL RESIDENTS ?"

Amazing! Maybe they "lack the paperwork" because they're NOT US citizens, are NOT visa holders, and are NOT legal residents ! Did anyone ever think of that? Maybe they can't "Prove" their American citizenship, because they don't HAVE it.....SHEEESH !!

I mean, I'd LIKE to get paid for a performing a couple of open-heart surgeries..(I understand that pays REALLY WELL)....but shucks, I can't...seems some 'jerk' down at the hospital found out I lack the credentials that I'd need for the hospital to "allow" me to operate....DARN !!! Well, you can't blame me for trying...right? I mean, I can't seem to get a break ANYWHERE..I lack the credentials to prove I'm a lawyer, I can't prove I'm a commercial airline pilot, and in about a month, I'll lack the sticker which will prove my car registration is paid up for the coming year. DANG !!

Old 07-09-2008, 04:55 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,575,861 times
Is there no end to the insanity? Next they'll demand that each illegal receives a GPS to keep track of ICE. Their gall never ceases to amaze me.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:20 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,417,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Is there no end to the insanity? Next they'll demand that each illegal receives a GPS to keep track of ICE. Their gall never ceases to amaze me.

Their delusions of grandier in terms of their demands are beyond mind boggling aren't they?

Old 07-09-2008, 05:26 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,456,447 times
I remember when I took my Mom down to the Valley to visit some of her friends, there was a HUGE check point leaving The Valley AND lots of immigration vehicles off road looking for people trying to leave the area.

I find this kind of astonishing as well. If they are so concerned, they should go home now.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:23 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,565,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I remember when I took my Mom down to the Valley to visit some of her friends, there was a HUGE check point leaving The Valley AND lots of immigration vehicles off road looking for people trying to leave the area.

I find this kind of astonishing as well. If they are so concerned, they should go home now.
Are you KIDDING? And leave all THIS? Get real !!

Old 07-09-2008, 06:59 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,456,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Are you KIDDING? And leave all THIS? Get real !!
The boarder control even checked everyone in my car and I'm as caucasion as you can get. I dont envy them their job.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:33 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,301,312 times
Dang, I feel short changed.
Last time I was carded, it was to check my age to buy some smokes..............sigh but how times do change...........................

Old 09-10-2008, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,631 times
Default Keep America Free!

Actually, the people that live in South Texas are mostly US citizens--nearly 90%. Many, though, have family members that entered the USA LEGALLY and have since applied for residency. That means that their papers are in process and they CANNOT leave the country without the whole process being thrown out. At the same time, they cannot leave the south Texas area UNTIL they have their papers processed--and if they try to leave, they can be deported. Immigration is way too complicated for it to be an issue during a hurricane evacuation. Do the right thing, open the highways and don't worry about petty legalities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration