Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 03:18 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,521,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Factoring in Mexico's crashing birthrate; within a few years, the indigenous population would remain about the same percentage as today-------besides: how much Indian (on a genetic level would a person have to have to claim indigenous?

50% I can understand; but when going much below 30% of the above heritage-------the White/Black component would overrule IMHO.

Back to our Mach50: he would likely miss the cut due to his White father--------although his kids may have at least 25% indigenous 'blood' to count.
ArizonaBear - just admit it, you want the DNA of everybody to be evaluated for heritage, then given a lamented card to put in your wallet that reads like nutritional facts on a Milk Carton.

25% Native Indian
25% Catalonian
50% Irish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 03:21 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,249,453 times
Lets see if I understand this.
The sneak accross our borders illegally.
They work here illegally.
Their kids attend our schools
Often commit Identity theft
always commit fraud
Often are carrying diseases like TB
Drive illegally
often dont have insurance
They chose to work low ball wages and put honest americans out of work
And they feel being deported is unfair?
Cry me a river... As a poor american go to mexico and break just a few of those laws listed and see how you are treated.
WE owe them nothing... They made their own bed.
As for the native american aspect. My family roots are German and I am 1/4 shoshone. Does this mean I have a right to return to Germany anytime I want and enjoy all the benefits of a native born German? NO.
200 years ago the native americans had their own terretories which they defended not only against whites but against other native americans.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:22 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,521,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
What the illegal aliens and the reconquista crowd want is something for nothing. If the US were simply another Third World country along the lines of Uruguay or something, do you think for one second that they would be trying to claim it as their own? I think at one time Mexico owned some of the territory that is now Guatemala. It is interesting that they seem to show zero interest in reclaiming that part of their former empire.
What if they don't want to reclaim anything. What if they just think they have right to move anywhere in the continent as being Native.

As for the German comment above, were your lands torn from you? Last time I looked Germany is still there and America is a 17% German decent (which is the majority BTW)...Welcome to Germany!

Last edited by Mach50; 07-02-2008 at 03:34 PM..

Old 07-02-2008, 03:45 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,249,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
What if they don't want to reclaim anything. What if they just think they have right to move anywhere in the continent as being Native.

As for the German comment above, were your lands torn from you? Last time I looked Germany is still there and America is a 17% German decent (which is the majority BTW)...Welcome to Germany!
Mach 50 before the white man ever came to America the Natives had their terratories. They didn't travel anywhere they wanted to. They were not all one big happy family. The fact is the only Natives that liked the crowe were other crowe and even they didn't like each other.
Wyoming Crowe heart Bute....... What more need be said.
As for lands torn from me? No more so than these illegals had their land torn from them its ancient history. It sucks, its a crappy deal but where do you draw the line? 50 years? 100 years? 1000 years? 10,000 years?
Isn't that the same argument the Israeli's and the palestinians are in? Both lay claim to land that was once theirs. In this case I side with the Palestinians their dispute is only 60 years old.
These illegals came here by their own choice. Accepted the risks.. Now they want to whimper and whine when caught. Sounds a lot like 99% of our prison population.
Sorry no sale.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:53 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,571,834 times
Quote:
ArizonaBear - just admit it, you want the DNA of everybody to be evaluated for heritage, then given a lamented card to put in your wallet that reads like nutritional facts on a Milk Carton.

25% Native Indian
25% Catalonian
50% Irish
Mach, I THINK you meant to say a "laminated" card....but it's also pretty certain that such a card would soon grow to be "lamented", too...so maybe that's what you meant.....either way seems OK..

Old 07-02-2008, 05:18 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,758,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Mach 50 before the white man ever came to America the Natives had their terratories. They didn't travel anywhere they wanted to. They were not all one big happy family. The fact is the only Natives that liked the crowe were other crowe and even they didn't like each other.
Wyoming Crowe heart Bute....... What more need be said.
As for lands torn from me? No more so than these illegals had their land torn from them its ancient history. It sucks, its a crappy deal but where do you draw the line? 50 years? 100 years? 1000 years? 10,000 years?
Isn't that the same argument the Israeli's and the palestinians are in? Both lay claim to land that was once theirs. In this case I side with the Palestinians their dispute is only 60 years old.
These illegals came here by their own choice. Accepted the risks.. Now they want to whimper and whine when caught. Sounds a lot like 99% of our prison population.
Sorry no sale.
They were really divided. The Europeans basically did them a favor killing something like 99 percent of them off and giving them even smaller territories.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:41 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,584,624 times
I saw this despicable sign today in the Post. The picture in the paper was large enough that every word was legible; and believe me, it’s a HUGE sign. It is a seditious message for the “immigrant” community, and should not be tolerated by the citizens of Manassas.

The pro-illegal Wash Post routinely carries articles designed to garner sympathy for illegal aliens. I think this disgusting message may have backfired, similar to the illegal alien marches. Everyone I spoke with today who read the article was absolutely outraged. I haven’t looked at the comment section following the online article, but I can only imagine the majority were negative.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:23 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,176,030 times
Quote:

25% Native Indian
25% Catalonian
50% Irish
In fact: some American Indian groups are afraid of having their DNA tested------almost as if they are hiding something.

BTW: I had my DNA tested; 100% 'Euro' White heritage------which shocked the hell out of me for several reasons.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:03 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,758,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In fact: some American Indian groups are afraid of having their DNA tested------almost as if they are hiding something.

BTW: I had my DNA tested; 100% 'Euro' White heritage------which shocked the hell out of me for several reasons.
Who goes out and gets their DNA tested??
haha, Im sorry, Bear, I'm not trying to disrespect. Its just funny to me because all the emphasis you put on the most mundane technicalities of race, it just seems so appropiate that you got your DNA tested.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:14 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,176,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Who goes out and gets their DNA tested??
haha, Im sorry, Bear, I'm not trying to disrespect. Its just funny to me because all the emphasis you put on the most mundane technicalities of race, it just seems so appropiate that you got your DNA tested.
In my case; there are some 'skeletons in the closet' that I am trying to expose for my own curiousity. i.e. my bio maternal grandfather, etc.------who he was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration