Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 11:05 PM

938 posts, read 4,106,708 times

Advertisements

Denuncian paliza contra migrantes - El Universal - Primera

Love the irony coming from a nation who ******* and moans about how we treat their people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 07:10 AM

334 posts, read 829,978 times
This article is AGAINST mistreating immigrants! Too bad you can't understand spanish enough to recognize that . . . . looses its appeal to you now, doesn't it

Old 04-13-2008, 08:37 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,605,378 times
I think his point is that Mexico ******* about how we treat THEIR illegals while THEY treat the Guatemalans and other Central americans like crap! If the US ever treated Mexican illegals in this manner the Mexican government and all their illegal alien support groups would start howling like a pack of dogs with a firetruck passing by.

Can we spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-I-C-A-L ???

Old 04-13-2008, 08:40 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,948,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
This article is AGAINST mistreating immigrants! Too bad you can't understand spanish enough to recognize that . . . . looses its appeal to you now, doesn't it

So? It doesn't mean they aren't being mistreated.

Where are all our Mexican nationalist posters now? Why do they not condemn their own government for not allowing the entire world to move into Mexico as it pleases?

It always amazes me that they insist the USA can have no immigration laws, no borders of any kind but meanwhile theiir own country of Mexico can have borders and laws.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:04 AM

938 posts, read 4,106,708 times
Quote:
My friend attached the article to it, so I presumed it had something to do with it. Nonetheless the picture speaks volumes about the hypocrisy with their treatment of illegals.

And regarding me speaking Spanish...why should i have to? The official language is English. (BTW, I am learning it )

Old 04-13-2008, 09:29 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,948,484 times
Now where are all those Mexicans we often see out protesting? Now's the time to grab their Mexican flags and posters and protest their own government's treatment of illegals and it's time they insist that Mexico ends all immigration laws and stops having a border.

If the Mexican nationalists weren't hypocrits, they'd insist that Mexico have absolutely no immigration laws of any kind. Immigration to Mexico should be the same free-for-all they insist it must be for the USA.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:38 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,103,312 times
Quote:
They spin it to suit their own beliefs.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:13 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,858,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Please provide credible evidence of the atrocities being perpetrated by the Minutemen against illegal aliens who cross our borders. A reference to one sicko who was a disavowed member of the Minutemen who murdered innocent people in their home, is a far cry from illegals being slaughtered crossing the border.
I wonder if anyone can provide any evidence indicating an event in which a Minuteman member killed and/or injured an illegal alien crossing the border illegally...

Old 08-15-2009, 01:31 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,601,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
I wonder if anyone can provide any evidence indicating an event in which a Minuteman member killed and/or injured an illegal alien crossing the border illegally...
Not once...believe me, if it happened, it would be front-page news for weeks. So scrupulously 'hands-off' are The Minutemen...so determined to "look" but don't "accost"....that I recall about 2 years ago that ONE Minuteman from California, on 'duty' near Nogales, AZ, was asked to go home....he had violated 'Minuteman' rules by speaking to an illegal and giving him a bottle of water. As far as I know, that's the limit of their actual interaction with border-crossers, out in the field. Their 'weapons' are binoculars, cell-phones, and note pads.

You can accuse The Minutemen of being "pests"....call them "nosey", if you will...even perhaps an "embarrassment" to 'the powers that be'. Just don't call them 'violent', and don't call them 'vigilantes'....because they're neither.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:54 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,496,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Not once...believe me, if it happened, it would be front-page news for weeks. So scrupulously 'hands-off' are The Minutemen...so determined to "look" but don't "accost"....that I recall about 2 years ago that ONE Minuteman from California, on 'duty' near Nogales, AZ, was asked to go home....he had violated 'Minuteman' rules by speaking to an illegal and giving him a bottle of water. As far as I know, that's the limit of their actual interaction with border-crossers, out in the field. Their 'weapons' are binoculars, cell-phones, and note pads.

You can accuse The Minutemen of being "pests"....call them "nosey", if you will...even perhaps an "embarrassment" to 'the powers that be'. Just don't call them 'violent', and don't call them 'vigilantes'....because they're neither.
I remember that. I read that at the time they had rules that stated no Minuteman or woman was to either speak to an illegal or touch them. This was strictly to protect themselves from lawsuits alleging 'assault' or 'hate speech'. They kept water and food at their campsites so that if an illegal happened by and was hungry or thirsty, they could give it to him, but they could only place the food and water on a table and motion to the illegal that he could have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration