Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 02:14 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,570,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
If being "american" means scapegoating certain groups of people for every problem we have, then i want no part of that.
Blaming lawbreakers for breaking the law isn't scapegoating.

Being American should include respect for the law.

Being a bleeding-heart includes an incapability of placing any blame, for anything, on anyone who claims to be disenfranchised or exploited, whether or not such claims contain any semblance of validity. Being a bleeding-heart basically means one is a sucker. Unfortunately, as we all know, there's a bleeding-heart born every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 03:42 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,780,959 times
How do i get a negative rep for being argumentative, rude, condescending?

Am i not allowed to argue my points on this thread? I believe there is a reason why most people who don't agree with the deport them all argument aren't many in the immigration forum. The deport them all crowd abuses the rep system by giving negative reps to anyone they don't agree with. Typical

Old 02-18-2008, 03:44 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,977,744 times
Quote:

Am i not allowed to argue my points on this thread?
Rep Attitude: You only get +rep when we agree with you, when we don't like your post because it goes against what I believe then we give you -rep.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:54 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,615,805 times
Quote:

Am i not allowed to argue my points on this thread? I believe there is a reason why most people who don't agree with the deport them all argument aren't many in the immigration forum. The deport them all crowd abuses the rep system by giving negative reps to anyone they don't agree with. Typical

I just HAPPENED upon this post, and couldn't help but overhear. I'm against illegal immigration...I do NOT advocate massive deportations, but I DEMAND a stop to future such illegal entry. I have been annoyed by many of your posts, but I do NOT use negative rep, as I think it is sneaky, cowardly, and unmanly (or unwomanly). I often disagree with people and tell them so--to their cyber-'face', not in cowardly, anonymous negative 'reps' (like the one I'll probably get for THIS post)...

Old 02-18-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I just HAPPENED upon this post, and couldn't help but overhear. I'm against illegal immigration...I do NOT advocate massive deportations, but I DEMAND a stop to future such illegal entry. I have been annoyed by many of your posts, but I do NOT use negative rep, as I think it is sneaky, cowardly, and unmanly (or unwomanly). I often disagree with people and tell them so--to their cyber-'face', not in cowardly, anonymous negative 'reps' (like the one I'll probably get for THIS post)...
Good to see someone who thinks rationally about it.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:15 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,609,191 times
I get those anonymous negative reps ALL the time, but since I don't give a fig about the rep system it doesn't really bother me. IDGAF, if you know what I mean...

Old 02-18-2008, 08:38 PM

56 posts, read 99,167 times
Kick them back to their own country! Damn, how can our government be so stupid? A bunch of unwanted savages in prison, and they don't know what to do with them? Shoot them! No other government would put up with this stupid nonsense.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I get those anonymous negative reps ALL the time, but since I don't give a fig about the rep system it doesn't really bother me. IDGAF, if you know what I mean...
Yet when I posted the truth above, I got -rep for tolling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration