Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 09:01 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,482,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I've known several of the most over-the-top, open borders white liberals you could ever imagine. One was my boss....others are "charismatic Catholics" I know. I remember this scene, and similar scenes showing hundreds of kids "ditching school" to run through the streets waving Mexican flags, yelling at the "cops".

Believe me, whoever "orchestrated" this stuff was no friend of the illegals! I saw several very "liberal" folks turn pretty "grumpy" when this stuff showed up in our local TV news. I remember saying to my wife at the time, "who thinks this stuff up? The Ku Klux Klan? What do these people THINK is going to happen when their pictures appear on the news like this?...DUH !!"

Someone must have gotten "wise", because now a lot of illegal rallies are just as "rowdy", but feature a sea of American flags. Probably as a "diversionary tactic"...
If you take a good look at these rallies you will see many of the illegals 'wearing' the US flag as some sort of cape. According to US Flag Code, you are not supposed to use the flag as a piece of clothing. Maybe their handlers encourage them to do this. Once again, why are we putting up with this crap? Whatever job it is they are doing, it can be done just as well by someone else from another part of the world. Who probably wouldn't fly their flag on government property (US Post Office).

Quote:
The flag should never be used as clothing, bedding, or drapery. Red, white, and blue bunting may be used as decoration instead, with the blue on top, white in the middle, and red below.
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:n14iduNPqQYJ:www.infoplease.com/spot/flagetiquette1.html+US+flag+as+clothing&hl=en&ct=c lnk&cd=2&gl=us&client=safari (broken link)

http://www.sullivan-county.com/wcva/denmark/p5.jpg (broken link)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 09:05 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,442,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If you take a good look at these rallies you will see many of the illegals 'wearing' the US flag as some sort of cape. According to US Flag Code, you are not supposed to use the flag as a piece of clothing. Maybe their handlers encourage them to do this. Once again, why are we putting up with this crap? Whatever job it is they are doing, it can be done just as well by someone else from another part of the world. Who probably wouldn't fly their flag on government property (US Post Office).

When and How to Display the U.S. Flag (http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:n14iduNPqQYJ:www.infoplease.com/spot/flagetiquette1.html+US+flag+as+clothing&hl=en&ct=c lnk&cd=2&gl=us&client=safari - broken link)

After seeing these pics, I believe that something good is coming out from these forum experiences, I'm starting to understand you

Old 11-30-2007, 09:11 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,345,593 times
That's right - the flag is not to be worn as clothing. During the protests by American young people during the anti-Vietnam marches, people were arrested for doing that.

But, now, we let illegals do it! Go figure.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:02 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,448,031 times
The "ACLU" has pretty much taken the place of the "KKK", at least on the side of the Illegals. and on a more legals stance.

KELE,
A quick rsponse to your PM.
Yes most everyone(concerned) out west had their eyes glued to the Maywood protest. But further East, knowlege of what was going on out west was close to 0, at least in some states.
That's about the time that I joined this forum. I was passing information about on to other forums.
There's one video that really woke up alot of people to the reality of illegal immigration.
In fact, there's a video that I posted on the "immigration" thread of this forum and received negative comments from the moderator. Other forums,like in Michigan and Wisconsin, I received comments of disbelief. Some may remember it, it wasWeHateGringos - WeHateGringos.com
This link alone brought reality to thousands+++++ of people.

These are comments on KELE's story from the Illegal Immigration ALIPAC forum.
Illegal Immigration ALIPAC

Last edited by mkfarnam; 11-30-2007 at 10:26 AM..

Old 11-30-2007, 10:19 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,948,345 times
Yes, that flash video pretty much sums up what I saw on the Internet until many of those pictures were removed. It's not politically correct in this country to see things as they are and the mainstream media never shows that stuff.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:05 AM

10,197 posts, read 11,180,307 times
Not only should the Flag not be worn as a cape - it shouldn't be stomped upon.

I have seen it happening up close, when the rallied in KS.......

Old 12-01-2007, 11:28 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,955,318 times
Quote:

When and How to Display the U.S. Flag (http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:n14iduNPqQYJ:www.infoplease.com/spot/flagetiquette1.html+US+flag+as+clothing&hl=en&ct=c lnk&cd=2&gl=us&client=safari - broken link)

What about tracksuits made with the U.S flag all around?

Old 12-01-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
What about tracksuits made with the U.S flag all around?
I am not positive about the law, but I believe you can wear a piece of clothing with a flag design printed on it, or made from flag design cloth but you cannot take an actual flag itself and wear it as a cape, tie it round your head or whatever.

Old 12-01-2007, 12:17 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,955,318 times
Quote:
I am not positive about the law, but I believe you can wear a piece of clothing with a flag design printed on it, or made from flag design cloth but you cannot take an actual flag itself and wear it as a cape, tie it round your head or whatever.

I'm talking about the track suits like the people from the olympics. They have like a huge flag all around in a track suit form. And I also think this is illegal as well:

Old 12-01-2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I'm talking about the track suits like the people from the olympics. They have like a huge flag all around in a track suit form. And I also think this is illegal as well:

I'll look up the actual law later. I think it has to be a real flag with grommets along the side for raising on a flagpole. Cloth that has a flag design on it is OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration