Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 02:57 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,761,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
That homeowner should be put in jail for hiring an illegal immigrant to work on his home. I think the guy who was attacked had a right to sue, but he also should have been deported after the lawsuit because lets be honest... you can't go to one court to sue over one law, and then avoid another court (immigration) because you don't agree with a different law in the same book (metaphorically speaking of course; I know it is probably federal vs state law here).

10 acres? I think he could afford some good ol' legal American labor. If not, he is living above his means and needs to scale things back to only 7-8 acres. The Republican attack dogs who ripped into the kid talking about SCHIP should take a look into this illegal-immigrant supporter.

It is also really nice that so many people here have spit venom on the guy who was mauled, but not a peep for the guy who made it all possible by illegally giving him a job.

Wonderful set of 'family values' some folks have
yes the homeowner should be punished, however the dog shouldnt. The illegal was WRONG. No one touches my family, the dog was doing what dogs do, protect his master.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:05 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,848,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
Giovanni Rivera is an illegal, an insurance company has paid him $250,000 for that benefit (I had a link to a forum discussing it, but the mods killed it - just Google)

Dog's fate devastates family
Judge orders shepherd destroyed after vicious attack
Thursday, November 08, 2007
BY LINDA STEIN

PRINCETON TOWNSHIP -- A family whose beloved German shepherd faces death for having led a dog attack on a landscaper is devastated by the news but vows to continue to fight to save him.

Moderator cut: copyrights
Illegals sue US Citizens all the time and win, because we have too mnay liberal types who sit on juries and allow it to happen The judges don't help either, as they are mostly liberals and are biased to favor the illegals against the "American oppressors".

This is why we also have robbers who sue homeowners for slipping and falling in their kitchen and the robber wins. It is called "relativism" which allows people to rationalize everything and not hold anyone responsible for anything (i.e. robber is robing a house because the robber's dad was abusive and the homeowner is NOT a victim, as the homeowner is rich and he is rich because he rips people off). This is the mindset that allows this crap to happen.

Last edited by Yac; 12-14-2007 at 04:44 AM..

Old 11-19-2007, 03:15 PM

989 posts, read 2,770,405 times
I just saw the news clip RE: this...

That homeowner lives in a palace!!! it has to be at LEAST a $2 million place, and could be as high as $10 million (I don't know the real estate values for the area, but 10 acres, an iron gate at the entrance, and a 6,000+ home has to be pricey). Why didn't the owner keep the main gate shut and not let them in until things were ok?

The dog should die, it could have killed a human. The next one might be a child.

Sorry, but a dog is NOT a member of the family. It was purchased for cash, and it will never be able to drive, vote, or attend a public school. You may still love a dog, but that doesn't give him rights equal to a person. My dad really loves his Corvette... does that mean it cannot be ticketed or impounded if its "owner" stupidly goes 100 in a school zone?

Plus, the dog's owner is going to hire an attorney and sue the township for "defamation". Will he hire an illegal immigrant to represent him, or does he just save them for the yard work? Maybe he should have just used his "attorney money" on hiring an American gardener who spoke English and all this could be avoided.

PS, does this owner even speak proper Spanish? It is possible that he has such a thick accent in Spanish (or just plain doesn't know what he is saying)that they couldn't understand what the heck he was saying.

And how hard is it to put a stupid dog inside?

Here boy! -=wait 3-5 seconds=- shut door, done. It was a healthy 2 y/o German Shepard, not a 15 y/o weiner dog with cataracts and partial paralysis.

Any dog that cannot cover half the yard (even a 10 acre one) in under 15 seconds is probably one that is only about as dangerous as second-hand smoke.

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-19-2007 at 03:24 PM..

Old 11-19-2007, 03:20 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,761,065 times
He told them to wait in the car, in spanish while he put his dog away.

If someone grabbed my family on my property, they would have alot more to worry about than a dog. My dog is a member of my family, if it will protect them they are family, thats what families do.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:23 PM

989 posts, read 2,770,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
Illegals sue US Citizens all the time and win, because we have too mnay liberal types who sit on juries and allow it to happen The judges don't help either, as they are mostly liberals and are biased to favor the illegals against the "American oppressors".

This is why we also have robbers who sue homeowners for slipping and falling in their kitchen and the robber wins. It is called "relativism" which allows people to rationalize everything and not hold anyone responsible for anything (i.e. robber is robing a house because the robber's dad was abusive and the homeowner is NOT a victim, as the homeowner is rich and he is rich because he rips people off). This is the mindset that allows this crap to happen.

Post an example of a robber suing and winning while breaking into a home, and I'll give you rep (PS, breaking into a home is burglary, mugging someone is robbery). You will be wasting your time though because it is an urban legend (even if you look under burglary). It actually stems from a maintenance worker suing because they painted a glass skylight the same color as the roof so he did not realize that it was made of glass and fell through when he was up working on the roof.

Please show some of that personal responsibility you have mentioned and post a real news clip of it (not a free-republic type blog entry).

The gardener being illegal does nothing to absolve the many mistakes that the homeowner made.

Last edited by Evlevo; 11-19-2007 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: clean-up, isle 5!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:15 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,513,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
OMG someones lying!

Why do you think someone is lying ghost? I had my shots 20 years ago, the series for rabies now may be 5 shots like Andreabeth said. You know medicine has come a long way in the last 20 years.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:31 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,344,670 times
They hired a landscape contractor who hired illegals? How is this the home owners fault? Unless they knew beforehand that said contractor was a law breaking snake.
The illegal who was bitten? He was here illegally had he stayed in his own country he would never have been bitten.
The dog? Hmmm I look into a yard. ( I used to work for a landscaper) And I see a german shephard. I don't go into the yard until the home owner restrains their pets. I know that a big dog has a mean bite. I own a lab and she is as great a pet as I have ever had. She is like my child. She is also very protective of her family. Had she seen my wife drug to the ground she would have attacked the stranger. That is the nature of a loving dog.
The illegal should have received medical care shortly before being deported.
Not only is he here illegally but he is obviously stupid. Poking a big dog already irrate with a rake??? Damn thats stupid.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:12 PM

1,511 posts, read 991,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
They hired a landscape contractor who hired illegals? How is this the home owners fault? Unless they knew beforehand that said contractor was a law breaking snake.
it was mentioned that the contractor was the homeowner's brother. pretty sure they both knew what was up...

Quote:
The illegal who was bitten? He was here illegally had he stayed in his own country he would never have been bitten.
but thats not the case. we have to deal with what actually happened.

Quote:
The dog? Hmmm I look into a yard. ( I used to work for a landscaper) And I see a german shephard. I don't go into the yard until the home owner restrains their pets. I know that a big dog has a mean bite. I own a lab and she is as great a pet as I have ever had. She is like my child. She is also very protective of her family. Had she seen my wife drug to the ground she would have attacked the stranger. That is the nature of a loving dog.
hindsight is 20/20. again, we have to deal with what actually happened.

MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-19-2007 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: irrelevant

Old 11-30-2007, 05:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,618 times
Default Who is the REAL illegal?

Funny how sick Americans are and how racist they are against everyone else who is considered American huh? All I see here are a bunch of ignorant *******s who forgot where THEIR true roots where from. Mexicans are as American as the native American because where did Americans Settlers originate? Can't answer that can you? The real illgeals are us who almost wiped out an entire culture of Native Americans when our forefathers took away this land from them. I truly feel ashamed to call myself an American if this is our behaviour toward another fellow man- we are all the same no matter where we come from, remember that MOD CUT!

As for the dog, I bet if someone else got bit like a friend of the dog's owner, the owner wouldn't argue dog to be put down because the real truth is that canine is vicious period no matter who got bitten. I love animals but the owner is manipulating the story to make it look as if the dog did nothing wrong and it ws ALL the immagrants fault. Kill that bastard dog. Hope he chokes! You should NEVER put animals ABOVE humans.

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-30-2007 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: language

Old 11-30-2007, 06:12 PM

902 posts, read 729,383 times
MOD CUT

More dogs like that need to be allowed to take care of any and all problems that their owners come across. Better yet, using a gun would have been better used against the illegal.

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-30-2007 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: comment orphaned
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration