Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2013, 05:27 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,077,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Jay Carney, White House press secretary, told reporters at Wednesday's White House press briefing that "this was a decision made by career officials at ICE, without any input from the White House, as a result of fiscal uncertainty over the continuing resolution, as well as possible sequester." Sequester refers to the across-the-board spending cuts set to take effect March 1 in the absence of a federal budget.
White House says ICE acted on its own in releasing detainees ahead of sequester | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 05:30 PM

63,007 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Yeah, I'm a believer. When is Obama going to see that their heads roll over doing this without his permission?

Old 02-27-2013, 05:36 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times
I have read stories in our local newspaper of illegals being released to go to Atlanta on their own. This did not just start happening. I don't know whether it is an everyday practice but it is not the first time. I didn't like it the first time I read about this type thing happening several years ago and I still don't like it today. What is wrong with taking them to the border and dropping them off and blocking the road to their return?

I think there should be a law passed by congress where any legal USA citizen can do their own citizens arrest and deportation since our government does not have the means to get it done. I bet we could clear this country of illegals in no time flat.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:16 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,850,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
...I think there should be a law passed by congress where any legal USA citizen can do their own citizens arrest and deportation since our government does not have the means to get it done. I bet we could clear this country of illegals in no time flat.
Didn't you also recently say that everyone should be removed from the United States unless they are an American citizen?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The goal should be each and every person here that is not an American citizen. Doing numbers are stupid. Clear the deck! Then close the borders so they don't come back. It is cheaper to deport them than it is to pay for their upkeep. If any extra money is needed take it out of the money that is being paid for their wellfare.
What is the person supposed to show you, the self-appointed ICE agent, to prove they aren't an "illegal alien"? How far are you willing to go to physically remove someone you think should go through this "deportation"? A stint in prison, bodily injury, death?

Old 02-27-2013, 08:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,741,434 times
Sure. As though ICE could disregard the federal government and the Obama administration and just make up their own laws. They've been ignoring the problem of illegals for some time now, Obama has decided that whatever illegals do to illegally enter this country is fine, and ignoring the terms of their visas is just fine, he's in fact promising them some very nice rewards for breaking the laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration