Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 02:06 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times

Advertisements

They should have deported him the spot. Forget Obama's executive order. Congressional laws says he can be deported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 02:26 PM

62,871 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
They should have deported him the spot. Forget Obama's executive order. Congressional laws says he can be deported.
Um, he is an illegal alien/immigrant so what is this feinged outrage on his part? Truth hurts? These people have been so emboldened by Obama that they demand we use PC language to describe them now.

The insult is that his family brought him here illegally.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:32 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
As an illegal he should never have been able to even be in front of a Congressional panel.

There is no EO, it was an Executive Action done through policy already existing that allows one a case-by-case basis an illegal to apply for DACA. Vargas is not eligible for DACA, therefor he should have been placed into custody and granted a hearing in front of an IJ.

It's actually US Law that says he can be deported, not Congressional Law.

His mother sent him here to live with his grandparents by way of a coyote using false documentation for him to arrive on.
Quote:
My grandparents were naturalized American citizens — he worked as a security guard, she as a food server — and they had begun supporting my mother and me financially when I was 3, after my father’s wandering eye and inability to properly provide for us led to my parents’ separation. Lolo was a proud man, and I saw the shame on his face as he told me he purchased the card, along with other fake documents, for me. “Don’t show it to other people,” he warned....... The “uncle” who brought me here turned out to be a coyote, not a relative, my grandfather later explained. Lolo scraped together enough money — I eventually learned it was $4,500, a huge sum for him — to pay him to smuggle me here under a fake name and fake passport. (I never saw the passport again after the flight and have always assumed that the coyote kept it.) After I arrived in America, Lolo obtained a new fake Filipino passport, in my real name this time, adorned with a fake student visa, in addition to the fraudulent green card....... When I began looking for work, a short time after the D.M.V. incident, my grandfather and I took the Social Security card to Kinko’s, where he covered the “I.N.S. authorization” text with a sliver of white tape. We then made photocopies of the card. At a glance, at least, the copies would look like copies of a regular, unrestricted Social Security card.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/26/ma...anted=all&_r=0

Old 02-13-2013, 05:31 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Vargas: we DON'T want your kind here, go back HOME! Crook!!

Old 02-13-2013, 09:18 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
He should have been detained right after his speech and promptly deported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration