Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 11:06 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,412,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I am fine with any legal immigrant that obeys our laws, and comes through through the due process and naturalize themselves to the American way & assimilates themselves to the American people.
Does it bother you when people hire illegals to work? If they didn't hire illegals, we wouldn't have an illegals issue.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:09 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,716,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No, irrational people who think Hispanics aren't Americans too is funny.
Who said some weren't?

Illegals?

There is a difference.

Also the Majority of illegals are hispanic.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Who said some weren't?

Illegals?

There is a difference.

So you are only concerned about 62% of the illegal aliens in this country? Lucky for the 38% you don't care about.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:15 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,878,475 times
Quote:
I am fine with any legal immigrant that obeys our laws, and comes through through the due process and naturalize themselves to the American way & assimilates themselves to the American people.
Why do you deflect to a Hispanic having to be an "immigrant"? We've got Hispanic families in the Southwest that have lived continuously in the region longer than whites. Who is the actual "immigrant" in that example?

Old 12-12-2012, 11:15 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,943,092 times
Quote:
Does it bother you when people hire illegals to work? If they didn't hire illegals, we wouldn't have an illegals issue.
Really..so you think it's just people hiring illegals that keep them coming here ?

I've got 2 words for you..."ANCHOR BABIES"

Those 2 words provide more services and money than working under the table for less than min wage.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:18 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,878,475 times
Quote:
...Also the Majority of illegals are hispanic.
But the majority of Hispanics are not "illegal"...

Just you and others in the Illegal Immigration section have been breathing the vapors too long in there to say that...

Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 AM

20,947 posts, read 19,156,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Did you forget about this guy?

A Reagan Legacy: Amnesty For Illegal Immigrants : NPR
As the nation's attention turns back to the fractured debate over immigration, it might be helpful to remember that in 1986, Ronald Reagan signed a sweeping immigration reform bill into law. It was sold as a crackdown: There would be tighter security at the Mexican border, and employers would face strict penalties for hiring undocumented workers.

Reagan’s Amnesty Program » Dispatches from the Culture Wars
If there is one thing conservatives love more than tax breaks it’s Ronald Reagan, and you can’t look at Reagan’s history without remembering the Simpson-Mazzoli Immigration Reform and Control Act, which granted the dreaded “a word” (amnesty, that is, something Obama pointedly said his plan will not do). But a lot of conservatives try to forget their beloved Reagan signed amnesty into law and said, “I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and who have lived here, even though some time back they may have entered illegally.”
Whatever happened to the three million people Reagan granted amnesty to a quarter century ago? Did they succeed in ripping the nation to shreds, destroying American industry, and murdering gringos left and right, much as Reagan’s disciples predict would happen if such a bill would become law (or even Obama’s much more tepid stopgap executive order) today?
Actually, quite the opposite.
Congress was supposed to close the border as part of that amnesty.

I wouldn't give amnesty at all....I would deport illegals on the spot regardless of "breaking up a family".

Under the "breaking up a family" mantra of the left, and some republican progressives, does that mean that if a husband and wife (legal citizens) commit a bank robbery, they should be kept from prison time because they have a family?

Is this the new standard?

Deport them as you find them. If they wind up getting caught a second time, imprison them.

Close the damn border!

Old 12-12-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Really..so you think it's just people hiring illegals that keep them coming here ?

I've got 2 words for you..."ANCHOR BABIES"

Those 2 words provide more services and money than working under the table for less than min wage.
I love Anchor Babies, it is the name of my fantasy football team!

You still haven't answered my question, does it bother you that people are hiring illegal aliens? And what would you suggest we do to crack down on that? Unless all you care about are those 62% of illegals.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
obama waved his magic wand a few months ago and gave 1.8 million illegals the "right" to work here.

The left applauded it.

Blacks applauded it, led by jesse jackson and al sharpton.

Unions applauded it.

They ignorantly applauded millions of new workers being thrown into a bad economy and who will eventually take their jobs from them.

See how silly you people are?

Old 12-12-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Who said some weren't?

Illegals?

There is a difference.

You lefties never cease to show your ignorance.

Illegal is the problem.

Not immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration