Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 12:15 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,943,651 times

Advertisements

Yet people still support unions. Unions are leading the charge to legalize illegals so they can take jobs done formerly by Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 01:31 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,184,173 times
When amnesty comes up we've all got to hit the phones. We need to call senators and reps in Washington, and at their local offices, several times a day, whenever we have a few minutes. Make sure they get thousands of calls a day protesting amnesty. All you have to say is 'I'm calling to protest amnesty.' No conversation is necessary. That's what we did with Bush's try for amnesty, and it worked. When it came down to it, politicians weren't willing to buck millions of citizens to give amnesty to illegal aliens.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:15 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,709,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
When amnesty comes up we've all got to hit the phones. We need to call senators and reps in Washington, and at their local offices, several times a day, whenever we have a few minutes. Make sure they get thousands of calls a day protesting amnesty. All you have to say is 'I'm calling to protest amnesty.' No conversation is necessary. That's what we did with Bush's try for amnesty, and it worked. When it came down to it, politicians weren't willing to buck millions of citizens to give amnesty to illegal aliens.
I would say call repeatedly & send in letters.

This is really sickening how one group of people threatening the sovereignty of the country.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:38 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,872,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
In reality, you only have one Congressional Representative (for your district in the state), and two Senators (for your state) to call or write. The rest do not specifically represent you. ALIPAC (the shell that is left at this point) even advises people to lie about which district they are in, depending on which representative's office they are calling.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:53 PM

63,551 posts, read 29,648,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
In reality, you only have one Congressional Representative (for your district in the state), and two Senators (for your state) to call or write. The rest do not specifically represent you. ALIPAC (the shell that is left at this point) even advises people to lie about which district they are in, depending on which representative's office they are calling.
I don't consider it a lie. I doubt that when you contact a rep or senator's office that they ask you if they represent you specifically. The point is to let all of congress know how we feel. I am sure the amnesty seekers do the same thing.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:26 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,646,533 times
Quote:
The illegal alien website, Dream Act Portal Forum, advises members to call "their" representatives, as well as reps in other states. And, they have a list of addresses to use if they send letters. They also give instructions on how to respond to specific questions from staffers. Of course, they aren't strangers to lies and deception, so this is child's play to them.

The last time I checked, illegal aliens don't have representation in Congress. So, none should be calling OUR members of Congress. But, I suppose you don't have a problem with that, do you? After all, they're just fighting for their "right" to remain here. However, given the pandering, and the fact that Dreamies have brazenly held sit-ins outside congressional offices without being arrested or deported, I can certainly understand why they would believe they have representation. In fact, Congress seems to care more about illegal aliens than their citizen constituents.

I have written and emailed most members of Congress, and I don't hide the fact that I live in Maryland. After all, their votes impact the lives of all U.S. citizens, regardless of which district or state they represent.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:08 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,872,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't consider it a lie. I doubt that when you contact a rep or senator's office that they ask you if they represent you specifically. The point is to let all of congress know how we feel. I am sure the amnesty seekers do the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The illegal alien website, Dream Act Portal Forum, advises members to call "their" representatives, as well as reps in other states. And, they have a list of addresses to use if they send letters. They also give instructions on how to respond to specific questions from staffers. Of course, they aren't strangers to lies and deception, so this is child's play to them.

The last time I checked, illegal aliens don't have representation in Congress. So, none should be calling OUR members of Congress. But, I suppose you don't have a problem with that, do you? After all, they're just fighting for their "right" to remain here. However, given the pandering, and the fact that Dreamies have brazenly held sit-ins outside congressional offices without being arrested or deported, I can certainly understand why they would believe they have representation. In fact, Congress seems to care more about illegal aliens than their citizen constituents.

I have written and emailed most members of Congress, and I don't hide the fact that I live in Maryland. After all, their votes impact the lives of all U.S. citizens, regardless of which district or state they represent.
So you both believe that being a good citizen is bounded by whatever someone else does within our great Republic? There are occasions that one wouldn't contact their direct representative of course. However, you realize, that if a representative's staff becomes aware that you are not their constituent, that correspondence (letter, e-mail, phone tally) is supposed to be pitched away, right?

Old 12-17-2012, 04:30 PM

63,551 posts, read 29,648,515 times
Quote:
So you both believe that being a good citizen is bounded by whatever someone else does within our great Republic? There are occasions that one wouldn't contact their direct representative of course. However, you realize, that if a representative's staff becomes aware that you are not their constituent, that correspondence (letter, e-mail, phone tally) is supposed to be pitched away, right?
I don't know of any citizen who has called several congressmen about their amnesty concerns that did so just because illegal immigrants do it. They just wanted to vent to any and all congressmen about their concerns. The more you reach the larger the impact it will have in spite of your claims.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:56 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,646,533 times
Quote:
Again, I do NOT hide my state of residence when contacting members of Congress. I have no control over what others may or may not do. That's on them. Furthermore, I have received replies from most. Of course, they always mention the fact that I do not live in their district. Nevertheless, they obviously took the time to respond to my concerns. Again, their respective votes determine the passage or failure of bills impacting the lives of ALL U.S. citizens. Until a law is passed prohibiting citizens from contacting out-of-state members of Congress, I will continue to do so. If they choose to pitch my letter or ignore my email, so be it. As a taxpaying, law-abiding citizen of this country, I am well within my rights to contact Congress, unlike illegal aliens, who have no right to even be here, let alone petition members of Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration