Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:55 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,675,165 times

Advertisements

is anyone else as worn out as i over the whole illegal immigration/open border issue? the opposition keeps throwing more at us, and i'm just weary of it. i know they are counting on us to give up fighting the good fight, and i'm not suggesting that anyone do so, but the whole thing just wears me down at times. some days, i can't even bear to think about it, much less pick up the phone or write an e-mail to my state's congressional reps. (i live in CA, and i know they don't listen to people like me anyway!) anyone else feeling this way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 10:59 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,482,541 times
Grassfire audio

This is another site that is very active in helping to stop amnesty for illegal immigrants. The audio above is very informative.

Stopping the "Dream Act" Amnesty Nightmare--Vote Expected this Week!

Old 09-18-2007, 11:05 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,482,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
is anyone else as worn out as i over the whole illegal immigration/open border issue? the opposition keeps throwing more at us, and i'm just weary of it. i know they are counting on us to give up fighting the good fight, and i'm not suggesting that anyone do so, but the whole thing just wears me down at times. some days, i can't even bear to think about it, much less pick up the phone or write an e-mail to my state's congressional reps. (i live in CA, and i know they don't listen to people like me anyway!) anyone else feeling this way?
Believe me we are all feeling this way. I have been in constant arguments with my husband because I spend so much time on this but it is crucial, it is our country and I know this is one thing I can do for my daughter and my grandchildren.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:36 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,527,080 times
LULAC has their own campaign going to contact officials to allow.

https://secure2.convio.net/lulac/site/Advocacy?JServSessionIdr007=550hauvm81.app8b&cmd=d isplay&page=UserAction&id=185 (broken link)

Make This DREAM a Reality!!!

DREAM Act Amendment to H.R. 1585, the Department of Defense Authorization Bill is the Best Bipartisan Support Opportunity for DREAM Act's Passage

As early as this Wednesday, September 19, 2007, Senators Richard Durbin (D-IL), Chuck Hagel (R-NE), and Richard Lugar (R-IN) will reintroduced the American DREAM Act, as an amendment to H.R. 1585, the department of defense authorization bill. Co-sponsors of the amendment include Leahy, Obama, Lieberman, Feinstein, Kerry, Feingold, Clinton, Bayh, Menendez, Murray, Boxer, and Cantwell.

LULAC strongly urges an immediate passage. Each year 65,000 promising high school students are denied access to higher education. Without legal status, their doors are immediately closed, despite having lived the majority of their life in the United States, learned English, volunteered in their communities, and successfully graduated from high school.

The DREAM Act can help these displaced students - who are without documentation - contribute to the national economy and continue their professional careers through higher education.

This is a plea for you to act by urging your senators to move this legislation forward and champion its passage in this session.

It’s not just a DREAM anymore. It is a reality. Express your support now. LULAC says.

So it is important to show your support against this because you can bet they will be calling and e-mailing and faxing.
We all know the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Is that how it goes?
Well you know what I mean.......

Call
Fax

Please we cannot allow these criminals to be rewarded for breaking the laws of our country.

Thank you,

Old 09-19-2007, 07:07 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,431,343 times
I also am starting to wonder "IF" we are being heard?! What in the world do we need to do to get their attention? Do our votes really count? Or are they already assured their positions.....I wonder. There is no doubt that the people of the US are shouting against this illegal immigration so why would there even be a question--are we missing something? Are we being told everything--of course not. After all, we are just those ignorant people milling around doing what we are told to do and paying their salaries. Yes, I am pretty upset about this whole issue and I am contacting them too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration