Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 09:15 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,873,813 times

Advertisements

In regards to your solution in post #17. Asians and Europeans crossed oceans on ships generally to get here and were more easily proccessed and controlled during the immigration process, since we we have a porous vast border and criminal drug and smuggling operations there it would be much more difficult to enact.

It would first require sealing and militarizing the border. Registering and creating a process for application and processing/absorbing those illegaly here now. At 12-20 million that would be a gargantuan if not near impossible task.

What would you suggest about those that would pass screening and allowed to stay when they have friends and family members that don't, ? These people would still stand by and harbor them.

The only thing that might work IF ever enacted would be for them to return to their countries of origin then be screened coming in ONLY AFTER those that LEGALLY waited their turn.

That's something they wouldn't generally agree to.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:25 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,087,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
In regards to your solution in post #17. Asians and Europeans crossed oceans on ships generally to get here and were more easily proccessed and controlled during the immigration process, since we we have a porous vast border and criminal drug and smuggling operations there it would be much more difficult to enact.

Difficult, but what are reasonable alternatives? What we're doing now isn't working, and I'm pretty sure the whole electrified fence would be frowned upon. The drug issue is something completely different altogether (and something else Americans take zero responsibility for while shooting up heroin by the ton).

It would first require sealing and militarizing the border. Registering and creating a process for application and processing/absorbing those illegaly here now. At 12-20 million that would be a gargantuan if not near impossible task.

So would deportation, and you would still have to seal and militarize the border. At least with the processing sites, you would get people in that would pay taxes and provide something for the nation. I'm not sure deporting 12-20 million would be to our economic advantage, not to mention the inevitable violence.

What would you suggest about those that would pass screening and allowed to stay when they have friends and family members that don't, ? These people would still stand by and harbor them.

I don't know, what did they do with European and Asian immigrants in these situations and why couldn't it apply?

The only thing that might work IF ever enacted would be for them to return to their countries of origin then be screened coming in ONLY AFTER those that LEGALLY waited their turn.

That's something they wouldn't generally agree to.
No, because it makes no sense. They left their home nations presumably because they had zero opportunities. You'd be telling them to go back home, face the same circumstances, but that they'd be on some kind of waiting list, probably for years, that may or may not ever result in their legal immigration. They're already here, they should be dealt with here.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:33 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,549,163 times
In Charlotte, the Latinos want the city paper to stop using the term illegal
Latinos demand The Charlotte Observer stop using 'illegal' to describe people

Old 12-30-2011, 09:38 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,830,155 times
Funny - our established immigrants who have been here for a while in Canada - do not want more immigration - it seems that the bleeding heart liberals want more - and misled economists insist that more is better...Immigrants that are here of late - know that this is a great place and THEY do not want the quality of their lives lessened by more immigration - who says that more and more people lead to prosperity? I don't get that.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:42 PM

Yes it makes the most sense of all. Contrary to what you may believe not everyone was accepted at Ellis Island, they did reject and send people back.

You just lost all credibility with your blanket "Free Pass/ Get Out of Jail/ Blanket Amnesty" solution.

I guess your only "reasonable" alternative is to reward ALL criminal Illegal aliens for ignoring the law and CHOOSING to violate immigration laws for economic benefit.

Totally laughable, 12 - 20 million illegals, many criminals and basically poor and illiterate with rudimentary skills and poor command of English coupled wit a high birthrate, high dropout rate, high teen pregnancy and millions of Anchors on welfare is definitely NOT a net benefit.

And you fail at blaming Americans solely for the drug problem. US and MEXICAN jails are filled with MEXICAN drug users also, the Mexican police, military and politicians are also involved in the drug trade.

BTW They will be dealt with HERE, when Obama is out of office.

Dealt with by enforcement, deportation, Everify and other high tech measures that several states are starting to implement.

Most rational Americans don't sympathize with law breakers with self inflicted problems and unreasonable entitlement issues.

The political wind has already shifted and will only strengthen.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
In Charlotte, the Latinos want the city paper to stop using the term illegal
Latinos demand The Charlotte Observer stop using 'illegal' to describe people
These clowns can keep demanding, better yet have another parade and wave Mexican flags while claiming that this country is their's

They're only speeding up their forced departures, this only strenghtens and angers those opposed to this BS.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
No, because it makes no sense. They left their home nations presumably because they had zero opportunities. You'd be telling them to go back home, face the same circumstances, but that they'd be on some kind of waiting list, probably for years, that may or may not ever result in their legal immigration. They're already here, they should be dealt with here.
Here you go about the costs Amnesty Costs 70 Times More Than Enforcement

No need to round them up, when stopped for driving or picked up around town , DEPORT.

When they have their employment/welfare opportunities removed they will start to self deport. Like one of my other threads show.Yes , starve them out and they will self deport !!!

Last edited by antarez; 12-30-2011 at 10:27 PM..

Old 12-30-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Funny - our established immigrants who have been here for a while in Canada - do not want more immigration - it seems that the bleeding heart liberals want more - and misled economists insist that more is better...Immigrants that are here of late - know that this is a great place and THEY do not want the quality of their lives lessened by more immigration - who says that more and more people lead to prosperity? I don't get that.
Such a great place that something like 90% of the population lives within 100 miles of the US border.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Yes it makes the most sense of all. Contrary to what you may believe not everyone was accepted at Ellis Island, they did reject and send people back.

You just lost all credibility with your blanket "Free Pass/ Get Out of Jail/ Blanket Amnesty" solution.

I guess your only "reasonable" alternative is to reward ALL criminal Illegal aliens for ignoring the law and CHOOSING to violate immigration laws for economic benefit.

Totally laughable, 12 - 20 million illegals, many criminals and basically poor and illiterate with rudimentary skills and poor command of English coupled wit a high birthrate, high dropout rate, high teen pregnancy and millions of Anchors on welfare is definitely NOT a net benefit.

And you fail at blaming Americans solely for the drug problem. US and MEXICAN jails are filled with MEXICAN drug users also, the Mexican police, military and politicians are also involved in the drug trade.

BTW They will be dealt with HERE, when Obama is out of office.

Dealt with by enforcement, deportation, Everify and other high tech measures that several states are starting to implement.

Most rational Americans don't sympathize with law breakers with self inflicted problems and unreasonable entitlement issues.

The political wind has already shifted and will only strengthen.
Yeah, I was almost thinking we could have a reasonable debate... and then you go and make this post. I especially love the Obama reference, as it adds a nice touch to the stereotyping and hysterics.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Here you go about the costs Amnesty Costs 70 Times More Than Enforcement

No need to round them up, when stopped for driving or picked up around town , DEPORT.

When they have their employment/welfare opportunities removed they will start to self deport. Like one of my other threads show.Yes , starve them out and they will self deport !!!
So basically you're saying that even legal, employed, taxpaying immigrants should not be here, since, if we are discussing low-skill, the government doesn't make enough off of them to justify their existence. Interesting. While we're at it, let's just bring back eugenics and get rid of anyone not fully meeting their usefulness quota.

Humans are, supposedly, intelligent creatures. We have the ability given that intelligence, along with having a greater emotional capacity than all other species, to truly make this world a place we can be proud of. Instead, people like yourself step onto a cardboard soapbox and do nothing but choose anger and hatred and tear at the very foundations of civilization. I know you won't, but if I were you, I might feel at least a tiny bit of shame and humility. I guess that's why I like the idea of reincarnation. Not that I believe in it, but I can't think of anything better than someone like you, in the next life, being born some poor peasant in some 3rd World country, always striving for a better life but never attaining it. That's a cosmic justice I can get behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration