Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2007, 10:48 AM

452 posts, read 1,134,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO (Map, News) - As immigrants face skyrocketing application fees from the federal government, a new proposal by Supervisor Chris Daly could give financial assistance to those applying for citizenship.

Under a new fee structure the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services implemented last week, an immigrant applying for a green card would pay $930, an increase of $605. Other fees that increased were citizenship applications, which went from $330 to $595.

Daly requested on Tuesday that the city attorney draft legislation to create a plan to provide city subsidies to immigrants applying for citizenship, green cards and petitions for relatives, and workers. He has also requested an analysis of the total cost immigrants in San Francisco pay for such services.

Daly said the fee increases raise concerns that immigrants “cannot obtain safe pathways to legal immigrant status and citizenship” and “further exacerbates pressures on families, increasing stress.”
S.F. supes extend helping hand to immigrants - Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/a-872440%7ES_F__supes_extend_helping_hand_to_immigra nts.html - broken link)

I puked a little in mouth when I read this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 12:06 PM

185 posts, read 355,836 times
Unreal! Common sense is dead.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:14 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,688,487 times
More pandering to criminals. Clearly the taxes in SF are way too high if they can afford to throw money around like this.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:19 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,667,015 times
Is sad to say, but I think California is just lost and cannot really be considered part of the US. It makes me want to puke as well. I used to enjoy driving through there on my way up to Oregon, but will no longer travel into the state.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:13 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,785,484 times
San Francisco has been a city for lost souls for decades. It used to be one of the very finest places to visit. We had to attend conventions there from time to time and now refuse to go at all. The convention center had to send a shuttle across the street to pick us up in front of the hotel because of all the pan handlers grabbing at you. It was impossible to walk even that short a distance. The smell of urine, witnessing a man defecate between two parked cars, a drunk throw up on a beautiful business woman's briefcase, just about did it for us. Nothing will surprise me about that city. If you keep voting for the Barbara Boxers, Nancy Pelosi's and their ilk, this will be the new America as well.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:26 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,688,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
San Francisco has been a city for lost souls for decades. It used to be one of the very finest places to visit. We had to attend conventions there from time to time and now refuse to go at all. The convention center had to send a shuttle across the street to pick us up in front of the hotel because of all the pan handlers grabbing at you. It was impossible to walk even that short a distance. The smell of urine, witnessing a man defecate between two parked cars, a drunk throw up on a beautiful business woman's briefcase, just about did it for us. Nothing will surprise me about that city. If you keep voting for the Barbara Boxers, Nancy Pelosi's and their ilk, this will be the new America as well.
I remember San Francisco. I moved to Sacramento back in the early 70's, and I would visit SF frequently. It was a beautiful city and a great place to raise a family. Today the liberal politicians of the city have made it a haven for the homeless and unemployed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration