Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 06:26 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
"Analysts have said that they were concerned Chipotle's labor costs could rise as it replaces illegal workers, taking away the cost advantage the company has held in the past."
Boo effin who. Cry me a river Chipotle.

"Cost advantage the company has held in the past"? You mean, only because you hired people who are here illegally and you don't have to pay them a fair wage? Now that you will have to actually hire people who are authorized to work in this country your labor costs "could rise"? Welcome to the real world. I guess it felt good breaking the law for so long and making too much $$$, didn't it?

I have only eaten at Chipotle maybe 3 times my entire life and was not that impressed with the food. I went to one in North Andover, MA by where I used to work and half the staff didn't speak English. I asked for a lid for my salad and the person had no clue what I was saying. That was it for me.

Last edited by KickAssArmyChick; 05-15-2011 at 07:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
In my current job as a (Software Engineer) I am the only Spanish person there amongst 90% white and 9% Asians + Indian, why is that fair?
I am not saying it is fair. I am saying that people seem to have a problem with places that hire mostly white people and they have no problem speaking out against them.

But when it is the other way around, it is called "diversity".

Old 05-15-2011, 12:24 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,201,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Boo effin who. Cry me a river Chipotle.

"Cost advantage the company has held in the past"? You mean, only because you hired people who are here illegally and you don't have to pay them a fair wage? Now that you will have to actually hire people who are authorized to work in this country your labor costs "could rise"? Welcome to the real world. I guess it felt good breaking the law for so long and making too much $$$, didn't it?

I have only eaten at Chipotle maybe 3 times my entire life and was not that impressed with the food. I went to one in North Andover, MA by where I used to work and half the staff didn't speak English. I asked for a lid for my salad and the person had no clue what I was saying. That was it for me.
Its just ridiculous. Most other immigrants who come to America learn English pretty fast.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:55 PM

181 posts, read 305,842 times
They say that the illegals take the jobs that Americans don't want. How many Americans are going to turn down a salary of $44,000 a year?

Old 05-15-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallenfranchise View Post
They say that the illegals take the jobs that Americans don't want. How many Americans are going to turn down a salary of $44,000 a year?
Please tell me where I can get a 44k job. I am making less than half of that!

I would like to know so I can make more money.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:52 PM

217 posts, read 417,560 times
From what I've seen 5 Guys Burgers is worse.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:30 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Diversity. When I live in an area that is 40 percent Hispanic, 30 percent African American, and 20 percent white, but everywhere I go there are ONLY Hispanic workers, I think that is racism. Where I work the staff is evenly mixed. So, why are so many FF places 100 percent Hispanic? That is not diversity. That is not the America where I want to live...why does no one else see this as an issue?
I see it as an issue. I get sick to death of being forced to speak Spanish in order to conduct business, and almost every single restaurant around here, FF or not, has a 100% Hispanic staff behind the counter or in the kitchen. I don't know how these places get away with it to be honest. To me it is, at best, clear-cut discrimination in favor of Hispanics. I thought that was illegal.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:28 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,837,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by handog View Post
Pros: speed of service; prices

Cons: High percentage of illegal workers carrying infectious diseases such as typhoid, malaria, tuberculosis HIV, tuberculosis, Leprosy and God knows what else.
HIV? what are you doing with that burrito?

Old 05-16-2011, 03:00 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Good one, off topic but funny.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:41 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
It's warm.

[easy on the salsa, tho...]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration