Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 02:47 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,487,096 times

Advertisements

More insane Polictical Correctness from Los Angeles...

Police Chief Charlie Beck doesn't like to impound the vehicles of illegal immigrants because he claims the practice "disproportionately penalized undocumented immigrants."

Maybe thats because the majority of unlicensed drivers on our streets are...ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS! When will this PC bulls**t end?

Unlicensed drivers: Impounding is not the answer - latimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 03:01 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post

Police Chief Charlie Beck doesn't like to impound the vehicles of illegal immigrants because he claims the practice "disproportionately penalized undocumented immigrants."

Maybe thats because the majority of unlicensed drivers on our streets are...ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS! When will this PC bulls**t end?

Beck is just LA Mayor Villaraigosa's handpicked stooge, you can't expect much from this PC puppet.

Beck gets his marching orders from the pro-Illegal, media loving Mayor.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:26 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
I doubt illegals are ever given tickets or taken in. That's how it is where I live, only licensed drivers are expected to obey the law, the illegals are given a pass. And yes it might be racial profiling because the cops pretend not to notice.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:17 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,690 times

Go away, La raza. Just go away. This comin from a mad and sad Chicano. La raza dont care about us cause we aint illegals. They dont care if I get stopped by the cops and asked for ID an insurance. Not that I have anything to hide.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:19 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:

CA is a lost cause. Nothing surprises me anymore that emanates from the state.

I just wished more of our country's illegals made CA home.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:32 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Someone please tell me how this doesn't end up as two sets of laws?

One for us, one for "them".

Old 05-01-2011, 12:37 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,935 times
Quote:

Under Beck's new rule, when officers at sobriety checkpoints stop unlicensed drivers, they can issue them tickets or, if they have no identification, arrest them.

The LAPD's new rule doesn't give a free pass to drivers whose licenses have been revoked or who failed to get one in the first place.

Rather, it applies the same rules to them that are applied to drunk drivers. In those cases, police aren't required to impound a vehicle as long as there is a licensed and sober individual available to drive it.

A 2005 federal court ruling said that police can't impound a car just because the driver is unlicensed.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:54 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,436,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
CA is a lost cause. Nothing surprises me anymore that emanates from the state.

I just wished more of our country's illegals made CA home.
Agreed....Let em' have it......I got the Hell out of Ca, while I could!

Last edited by mkfarnam; 05-01-2011 at 01:06 PM..

Old 05-01-2011, 01:03 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,436,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Someone please tell me how this doesn't end up as two sets of laws?

One for us, one for "them".
Not only is it 2 sets of laws, some go directly against "we the people" and the Constitution.
Doesn't the US Constitution stipulate this as a violation, such as "Treason"?

Old 05-04-2011, 09:35 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,635,920 times
My exSIL side swiped a vehicle. No one hurt but it wrecked his semi when he swerved to avoid running over her and a car full of kids that she reached back to whack and then stopped abruptly....she got the attending hispanic appearing officer (FHP) aside and they conflabed and he didn't charge my SIL or her. Called it even. We didn't understand until we realized that she had told him she was illegal and didn't have insurance. It cost my SIL $13,000 to have his truck repaired and his insurance went up.

eta: he was supporting his 2 kids and it really set them back, financially.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration