Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 09:35 PM

74 posts, read 78,791 times

Advertisements

There is now hope in my opinion to obtain justice for the victims and their families in Virginia and elsewhere killed by illegal aliens through drunk driving and other crimes. In an article written by Devvy Kidd, a respected researcher into the problems besetting this nation, entitled "Shame on you, Gov. Chris Christie" (link to article: http://www.devvy.com/new_site/christie-shame-032111.html)she (broken link) mentions one way citizens who have been victimized by these criminals can get justice is to sue the individual under Section 8 USC 121 (a)--- described in the next paragraph below. In that you can bypass the corrupt court system that will overlook and not enforce existing law.. This in my opinion follows the principle of a wrongful death or injury lawsuit which allows the person wronged if justice cannot be obtained in a criminal trial to turn to a civil suit to FINALLY get justice.

It is time the people in this country and my own state of Virginia to finally get justice for the wrongdoing these illegal aliens are inflicting on the 25 Americans they kill daily either through traffic accidents or acts of violence. I am fed up with the injustice that is going on in our country perpetrated by the very leaders of our government and court system who are supposed to be enforcing the law rather than trashing and disobeying it. In the case of illegal immigration they are FLAGRANTLY COMMITTING AN OUTRIGHT FELONY by so doing (Under Section 8 USC 1324[a](1)(A)[iv][b](iii) any US citizen that knowingly assists an illegal alien, provides them with employment, food, water or shelter has committed a FELONY.)

It is my hope that putting this information before the public and my interpretation of it will give the victims of these crimes a chance to finally get justice. I know in my own state of Virginia we are still grieving over the loss of two Virginians recently killed by these illegals either through being drunk or driving without a license. It is time our immigration laws are rigidly enforced. We don't need immigration law reform--we need immigration law enforcement. These laws were designed for a specific purpose--to protect the citizens of this nation from undesirables and criminals entering and bringing irreparable harm and damage to our citizens and our nation.

It is time for our government officials and the courts to put Americans first and insure their protection under current law from the illegal and harmful activities from those entering this country illegally to do harm and damage to our citizens. Citizens you now have an option to get justice--GO FOR IT!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 01:23 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,838,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Editorialist View Post
There is now hope in my opinion to obtain justice for the victims and their families in Virginia and elsewhere killed by illegal aliens through drunk driving and other crimes. In an article written by Devvy Kidd, a respected researcher into the problems besetting this nation, entitled "Shame on you, Gov. Chris Christie" (link to article: http://www.devvy.com/new_site/christie-shame-032111.html)she (broken link) mentions one way citizens who have been victimized by these criminals can get justice is to sue the individual under Section 8 USC 121 (a)--- described in the next paragraph below. In that you can bypass the corrupt court system that will overlook and not enforce existing law.. This in my opinion follows the principle of a wrongful death or injury lawsuit which allows the person wronged if justice cannot be obtained in a criminal trial to turn to a civil suit to FINALLY get justice.

It is time the people in this country and my own state of Virginia to finally get justice for the wrongdoing these illegal aliens are inflicting on the 25 Americans they kill daily either through traffic accidents or acts of violence. I am fed up with the injustice that is going on in our country perpetrated by the very leaders of our government and court system who are supposed to be enforcing the law rather than trashing and disobeying it. In the case of illegal immigration they are FLAGRANTLY COMMITTING AN OUTRIGHT FELONY by so doing (Under Section 8 USC 1324[a](1)(A)[iv](iii) any US citizen that knowingly assists an illegal alien, provides them with employment, food, water or shelter has committed a FELONY.)

It is my hope that putting this information before the public and my interpretation of it will give the victims of these crimes a chance to finally get justice. I know in my own state of Virginia we are still grieving over the loss of two Virginians recently killed by these illegals either through being drunk or driving without a license. It is time our immigration laws are rigidly enforced. We don't need immigration law reform--we need immigration law enforcement. These laws were designed for a specific purpose--to protect the citizens of this nation from undesirables and criminals entering and bringing irreparable harm and damage to our citizens and our nation.

It is time for our government officials and the courts to put Americans first and insure their protection under current law from the illegal and harmful activities from those entering this country illegally to do harm and damage to our citizens. Citizens you now have an option to get justice--GO FOR IT!!!
Quote:
I am fed up with the injustice that is going on in our country perpetrated by the very leaders of our government and court system who are supposed to be enforcing the law rather than trashing and disobeying it. In the case of illegal immigration they are FLAGRANTLY COMMITTING AN OUTRIGHT FELONY by so doing (Under Section 8 USC 1324[a](1)(A)[iv](iii) any US citizen that knowingly assists an illegal alien, provides them with employment, food, water or shelter has committed a FELONY.)

It sounds like your saying that the leaders of government and the courts could be charged and tried for violating USC 8, 1324 (a)(1)(A)(iv)-Bringing in and Harbouring certain aliens

Quote:
(A)(iv) encourages or induces an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law; or
and those leaders[..."leaders of our government and court system who"] having personal knowledge of the alien[who committed the offense] had induced said alien to enter the country and reside in the country would be in violation of (A)(iv) and could be punished by USC 8 1324(B)(iii) and (B)(iv)-

Quote:
(B)(iii) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) during and in relation to which the person causes serious bodily injury (as defined in section 1365 of title 18) to, or places in jeopardy the life of, any person, be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both; and
(B)(iv) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) resulting in the death of any person, be punished by death or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, fined under title 18, or both.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/8/...4----000-.html

USC 8 1324 does not provide for a blanket indictment for those that have knowledge of the existance of aliens in this country, or that aliens are being brought into and harboured in this country . USC8 1324 is for those individuals that have engauged in the trafficing and harbouring of aliens into the country...and more extensive punishment when the alien brought into and/or harboured commitis a serious offense.

There is a difference between knowledge of existance and working to bring and harbourring.

Last edited by 1751texan; 03-28-2011 at 01:32 PM..

Old 03-28-2011, 01:34 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,572,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
There is a difference between knowledge of existance and working to bring and harbour.
Really? From your link. . .

Quote:
§ 1324. Bringing in and harboring certain aliens
(a) Criminal penalties
(1)
(A) Any person who—

(iii) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation;

Old 03-28-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Really? From your link. . .
difference in Knowing in gerenal and having specific knowldge of a specific alien(s).

Knowing[knowledge] that aliens in general have been brought here and are harbored here is common knowledge.

Unless it can be shown that the leaders have specific knowledge of a specific alien(s), then those persons dont meet the 1324 description and would not be procecuted...otherwise everyone with common knowledge that aliens are being brought and harbored in the country would be in violation of USC 8 1324

Old 03-28-2011, 03:24 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,572,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
difference in Knowing in gerenal and having specific knowldge of a specific alien(s).

Knowing[knowledge] that aliens in general have been brought here and are harbored here is common knowledge.

Unless it can be shown that the leaders have specific knowledge of a specific alien(s), then those persons dont meet the 1324 description and would not be procecuted...otherwise everyone with common knowledge that aliens are being brought and harbored in the country would be in violation of USC 8 1324
How can they not have specific knowledge when they are raiding places employing illegals, yet release them to seek work elsewhere? Let’s not forget, our government “knowingly” released 500,000 criminal aliens back on our streets. In addition, countless illegals have brazenly announced their illegal presence on national TV with total impunity. Please.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How can they not have specific knowledge when they are raiding places employing illegals, yet release them to seek work elsewhere? Let’s not forget, our government “knowingly” released 500,000 criminal aliens back on our streets. In addition, countless illegals have brazenly announced their illegal presence on national TV with total impunity. Please.
I have no idea what you are trying to argue? Are you trying to argue the meaning of "Knowing"?

here...simpler. I know illegal aliens exist and live in US. I dont know or have any knowledge[or participation in] the smuggling or harboring of illegal aliens[USC 8 1324].

The topic of this thread is...the Idea in using USC 8 1324 as a rational for suing persons [other than the person who committed a serious/henious crime] with "knowingly assists an illegal alien, provides them with employment, food, water or shelter".[OP's def., not actual 1324 def.] for compenstion for victims of crimes commited by illegal aliens.

If the OP had said... those that actually smuggled or harbored the alien [that commited the crime] should be sued for compenstion in a civil case...[if that person were convited with 1324 previously]...He might have a point; But for the OP to suggest[as I contend] that a person other than the person that actually had knowledge of a smuggleing and/or harboring incident or participated in the S&H incident[as precribed in USC 8 1324] could be sued for compesation is a stretch of the interpretation of 1324.

The OP may have meant those convited of 1324, but the OP only mentioned ..."perpetrated by the very leaders of our government and court system who are supposed to be enforcing the law rather than trashing and disobeying it. In the case of illegal immigration they are FLAGRANTLY COMMITTING AN OUTRIGHT FELONY..." . That passage suggests to me, persons other than those convicted of committing USC 8 1324 "Bringing and harboring certain aliens".

Who would the plaintiff sue in a civil case... The State, the Governor, individual legislators or the judge himself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration