Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2010, 05:45 PM

61 posts, read 76,034 times

Advertisements

It sounds like he does because he wouldn't let it go to the vote if he didn't. I hope I'm wrong about this and it fails on Saturday when he brings it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 05:50 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,249,453 times
He might or he is going through the motions to appease the illegal crowd.
There is a reason that he is using the lame duck session. He is banking that those fired have nothing to risk and those who remain have a couple of years for folks to forget.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:51 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,311,515 times
I hope not, unless there are some financial shenanigans going on then no he doesn't.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:03 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,335,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmsb1 View Post
It sounds like he does because he wouldn't let it go to the vote if he didn't. I hope I'm wrong about this and it fails on Saturday when he brings it up.
I am 99.9% sure he doesn't have the votes. He just wants to be able to show the Hispanic community that he tried and look like the good guy to them along with the rest of the Democrats to retain that voting bloc.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:31 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,657,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I am 99.9% sure he doesn't have the votes. He just wants to be able to show the Hispanic community that he tried and look like the good guy to them along with the rest of the Democrats to retain that voting bloc.
That may be a good strategy...we'll see.

I hope to hell this stupid bill doesn't pass. It's a shame when an American does not have faith in his country.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:40 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,853,330 times
Considering the pro illegals (and the illegals that stand to benefit from this Act as well) are gaming the system once again by calling/emailing/faxing the "on the fence" Senators claiming (can we say LYING?) to be constituents, who knows.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:03 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,533,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmsb1 View Post
Oh What will UNION Harry do

Promises Promises Promises, To the unions and to the groups of people that support illegals and the illegals themselves by playing on their emotions

Why, for God's sake, would you support anything that
comes out of UNION Harry's pie hole

Old 12-17-2010, 08:31 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,584,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Considering the pro illegals (and the illegals that stand to benefit from this Act as well) are gaming the system once again by calling/emailing/faxing the "on the fence" Senators claiming (can we say LYING?) to be constituents, who knows.
Yes, it’s sickening. They’re even using NumbersUSA to send faxes. One would be hard-pressed to find a more obnoxious group of whiny ingrates. Unfortunately, if enough palms are greased in the Senate, this garbage could pass, and we will have an illegal alien tsunami.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:02 AM

346 posts, read 710,089 times
I agree with Lariat -it's a shame when an American is starting to lose faith in their country. IF this passes tomorrow, we can surely say that Democrats do not represent America. They only care about the illegal vote and how illegals are treated in this country. They do not care if Americans are upset or mad, and only care that illegals can receive citizenship while telling legal immigrants: You did things the right way, therefore we cannot reward you with anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration