Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 12:13 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,857,493 times

Advertisements

It may just be a technicality but I thought I'd bring this up anyway.

Current immigration law states that if two legal residents become naturalised citizens any of their minor children automatically become naturalised citizens as well, so it makes sense to say yes to those born here of two LPR to become citizens, as in MOST cases LPRs will become citizens, as will their minor children.

Australia and New Zealand (among others) have birthright citizenship only for children born there of citizens or LPRs. I think if you are a legal migrant then yes, you should have birthright rights for your children born here. Admittedly I'm biased, it makes sense to me as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 06:43 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,222,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
If the big globalist corporations which run America were willing to pay fair wages then they would not have caused the illegal invasion in the first place. They and both U.S. and Mexican governments are keeping the invasion going strong.
true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration