Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 11:54 PM

39,900 posts, read 26,593,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
Gotta comment on this...when in Ireland a couple of years ago I fell in love with Guinness/cheese soup (with a bacon bap on the side)! The stuff is addictive! If it's anywhere near the same at Mick Duff's I shall have to visit Sandpoint regularly! Although that meal will clog your arteries as you eat it.
If you make it to Mick Duffs, try their knot tree porter. It has a faint chocolate flavor and is really good, beats out Black Butte as my favorate adult beverage. They also have a really good hot fudge brownie with ice cream desert, IIRC they use a bit of the porter in the brownie batter. May not sound like it but was really good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 08:25 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,028,990 times
Porter in the brownies? Now that IS Irish! Slainte!!!

Old 12-26-2010, 09:35 PM

7 posts, read 14,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urwethe View Post
Hello all,

I am brand new to this forum, glad to be here!

My wife and I are considering retirement in Idaho. We are flying out to Coeur d' Alene in a couple weeks for three days. This will be our first visit out there. I need advice regarding the best way to use our time when we are there. In addition to skiing one day, what other things/activities are there to do in the area? I certainly want to keep my wife entertained, along with checking out the real estate in the area. It's very important that she has a positive experience this first time out.

We are coming out over Valentine's day weekend.

My thoughts are:
Skiing one day
Maybe one of those snowmobile events, but it's about $175 per person
Driving around to see different areas like Sandpoint, etc.
Possibly meeting a real estate agent for a day, do you know a good one?
Maybe a tour of some type

Thanks in advance for your input!

Urwethe
theres the only floating golf course in the nation, para sailing, silverwood theme park, lost in the 50's car show, river city rod run, car d lane, (all of these are old classic cars that come from all over to drive our mountains)

go to Coeur d'Alene Press: The community's most trusted source of news and information, order one of their tourist mags.

i could give you a serious list, fish, hunt, ski, both water and snow, camp, hike,

Old 12-26-2010, 09:36 PM

7 posts, read 14,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blond in idaho View Post
theres the only floating golf course in the nation, para sailing, silverwood theme park, lost in the 50's car show, river city rod run, car d lane, (all of these are old classic cars that come from all over to drive our mountains)

go to Coeur d'Alene Press: The community's most trusted source of news and information, order one of their tourist mags.

i could give you a serious list, fish, hunt, ski, both water and snow, camp, hike,
oh, and if you are coming over in feb. bring warm gear, weather predictions are la nina is going to kick butt that month.., also, winter doesnt really go away until april if we are lucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho