Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2008, 10:18 AM

12 posts, read 41,136 times

Advertisements

Never skiied before, want to go to Idaho to ski. Would prefer staying in a condo near slopes (do not want to drive to mt). Something kid friendly and maybe on the smaller side - not a huge resort, if that even exists? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 10:43 AM

1,378 posts, read 6,214,619 times
Try Tamarack Idaho, it's an easy 2 hour drive from Boise with beautiful scenery. They have nice condos there...we went snow shoeing up there during the week and stayed at the condos, some have hot tubs too- great accomodations.

Tamarack Resort, Idaho | Your Trailhead To Discovery

Old 08-26-2008, 10:52 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,281,547 times
You might also want to consider Grand Targhee, it's actually in WY, right on the border. Only 1.5 hours from Idaho Falls.

Grand Targhee Resort

Old 10-03-2008, 07:30 PM

16 posts, read 104,078 times
Tamarack is good if you are new to skiing and where all the tourist go but if not it is almost sure to disappoint. lots of flat areas that require skating. A village that will never be completed and two chair lifts that might get repossed they are broke and the place will soon be on the auction block. I thought they would fail from the begining because of the location poor mountain and lake cascade is a really a reservior.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:55 PM

879 posts, read 2,860,224 times
Well, I don't think Tamarack's demise has a lot to do with it's location. At least that is my opinion. I am not a skier so I can't really argue about the mountain itself but it's relative closeness to a growing Metro and a generally scenic area (fake lake or not) makes it near perfect to me.

Mismanagement and a tightening credit market along with a generally weakening economy causing reduced consumer spending has put Tamarack in it's current situation. There are several other resorts in the same boat across the West.

The length of their ski season is in question (due to finances not weather) so I would avoid planning a vacation far in advance there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: