Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 10:44 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,521,097 times

Advertisements

We are moving!!

Tonight is my last night at my dream job, a 30+ year old Italian restaurant with a long term stable staff, great food, great service, and generations of returning patrons.

I will cry when I say goodbye, and so will the owners and my co-workers. I am a fantastic server and this is reflected in the comments made to the owners every time I work. Last night my last table even wanted to know the name of the restaurant in IF where I will be working, after they told the owner I had provided the best service they had ever had. I love the restaurant I work at because the food is always excellent, it is a traditional menu, the portions are good, our patrons are discerning, we have a fantastic selection of wines, by the bottle and the glass, kids are welcome, and everyone always leaves happy. I am expected to taste and know the wines we offer by the glass, and one of my favorite things is bringing patrons tastes of several so they can pick the one they like the most.

I'm not expecting to find a cookie cutter copy of my restaurant, which is intimate, with wine bottles hanging from the ceiling and a collection of photos of 30 years in the community, but hope that maybe someone can point me to an establishment where service is king and the staff LOVES being there?

I'll be looking for other work as well, have contacted Eagle Rock Coop, as yesterday was my last day with Whole Foods Market.

Also plan to check in with all of the temp agencies. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 01:02 PM

993 posts, read 3,252,206 times
Norcalmom

I have to admit I don't believe I have every read anyone being that passionate about a job.

With an attitude like that you should be welcomed anywhere.
If an employer read what you wrote I am just betting they would be calling you.

I wish you good luck but I am sure you won't need it.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
Norcalmom

I have to admit I don't believe I have every read anyone being that passionate about a job.

With an attitude like that you should be welcomed anywhere.
If an employer read what you wrote I am just betting they would be calling you.

I wish you good luck but I am sure you won't need it.
Wow, DESERTRYDER, thank you. I'm starting to cry again but you sure didn't hurt my feelings . I hope you are right!!

Old 08-03-2008, 01:36 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,264,571 times
The Cellar in Ammon is a few years young The Cellar - Celebrate the Joy of Fine Dining

Both Jaker's and Sandpiper have been around forever. Jaker's is a small regional chain Jakers Grill - Steaks, Seafood, Dinner and Lunch - Restaurants in Montana and Idaho Sandpiper doesn't have a website that I'm aware of.

Collage, like The Cellar, is fine dining Collage Fine Dining - Global Cuisine including Ingredients and Techniques from around the World.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:57 PM

Thank you Cleosmom. Do you have a sense of how happy the staff is at these places? Some of the nicest restaurants where I live are some of the worst places to work. In years of working with restaurants, in a commercial kitchen, with caterers, banquet service and such, I have found that there are certain food service dynamics which can make life the difference between enjoying being one of the crew on a well run ship, or being overtaken by crazed pirates. Between being a part of a beautiful orchestra, or a motley crew of out of tune musicians. A dancer in a well choreographed ballet, or trampled in a mosh pit. I'm hoping to join the ballet.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:24 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,264,571 times
You know, I don't know anyone who directly works at any with the exception of Jakers. I do know folks who know folks who work at The Cellar and as small town chatter goes I've heard nothing negative.

I also forgot to mention Rutabaga's, the owners are clients at work, since they've got dogs that's got to be worth something

Old 08-03-2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
You know, I don't know anyone who directly works at any with the exception of Jakers. I do know folks who know folks who work at The Cellar and as small town chatter goes I've heard nothing negative.

I also forgot to mention Rutabaga's, the owners are clients at work, since they've got dogs that's got to be worth something
I totally agree, if they have dogs that is definitely worth something!! Dogs are my kind of people.

I just got in from my last shift and a tearful goodbye party, they went all out, champagne, cake, gifts, the works! I also have a fantastic letter of reference and will be contacting the restaurants you have mentioned when we are fully arrived. Thank you cleosmom!!!

Old 08-16-2008, 04:36 PM

72 posts, read 264,426 times
Norcalmom . . . are you in Idaho yet?

I hope things work out very well for you.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:31 PM

Yes! Two weeks tomorrow

Old 08-22-2008, 10:07 PM

72 posts, read 264,426 times
Wonderful!

Have you found a restaurant to work at yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho