Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 09:54 PM

432 posts, read 535,402 times

Advertisements

I feel like I owe it to ya'll to do some investigating. I'll see what I can dig up about the old Slotchkeys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 10:37 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,676,400 times
Perhaps this thread demands a NEW thread. "IF traffic planning". I will start this one soon.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
When I drove by there yesterday, I saw that there was a sold sign atop the realtor sign, does anyone know anything?
Do you happen to remember the realtor? I might be able to find something out if you know.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:43 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,281,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
Do you happen to remember the realtor? I might be able to find something out if you know.
I will do a drive by today and find out

Did I just say I'd go on 17th on a Saturday?

Old 10-08-2011, 10:07 PM

2 posts, read 2,721 times
Carl's Jr. is going into the old Schlotsky's location. They are also building one at North Holmes and Yellowstone, where the Sinclair station used to be.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel9822 View Post
Carl's Jr. is going into the old Schlotsky's location. They are also building one at North Holmes and Yellowstone, where the Sinclair station used to be.
I thought they were planning on three locations? They planning on a westside location as well?

Old 10-12-2011, 07:22 PM

No media reports of Carl's yet, but, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, that is what I have been hearing as well. They have a Burley location, so this makes sense. I wouldn't count out Poky either. BTW, as of this evening the "sold" sign has been removed at this location on 17th. Next question, will they demolish and build a brand new Carls? Or try to modify. I would guess on the former.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
No media reports of Carl's yet, but, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, that is what I have been hearing as well. They have a Burley location, so this makes sense. I wouldn't count out Poky either. BTW, as of this evening the "sold" sign has been removed at this location on 17th. Next question, will they demolish and build a brand new Carls? Or try to modify. I would guess on the former.
Probably a little off topic but the old Artic Circle on Broadway was being gutted out when I drove by today. Being a high traffic corner...I would have to guess it has been sold as well.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
Probably a little off topic but the old Artic Circle on Broadway was being gutted out when I drove by today. Being a high traffic corner...I would have to guess it has been sold as well.
Not sure about this one. This corridor is the main entrance into IF, and the only Starbucks in the city is just west of here, but then you have that huge unfinished hotel sitting there rotting away. (another couple years, and it will be demolished). So not sure what to make of Broadway west of the river. Perhaps the city needs to get more involved with this corridor, but not sure what they can really accomplish. Anyone?

Old 10-13-2011, 02:30 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
There has been a ton of recent development centered around the new Wal-Mart superstore off of Utah Ave. I think it's only a matter of time that W. Broadway will become more commercially developed, and it has been a commercial street for many decades now.

The new Interstate exit on Sunnyside will also encourage development west of the river. I can see how W. Sunnyside could become a bigger commercial thoroughfare, and I can see housing subdivisions filling up some of the farmsteads between Sunnyside and 17th, and between Pancheri and Broadway.

Can't say what will become of the half-finished hotel, though. The last I heard, the contractor/owner disputes had been settled, so I think it's 50-50 as to whether it will ever be finished or not.

I don't think it will be demolished, though- the building is mostly unfinished on the inside, which allows it to be re-configured. At this point of construction, it wouldn't be impossible to remove the 3rd story as well, which could make it more sales friendly.

...and folks in Idaho Falls are more prone to come up with a re-purpose for any building than they are quick to tear one down or build a new one. The old wagon company building, for example, was a real eyesore to me, but lots of folks cherished it for it's long connections to the past.

The same was true with Eagle Rock St., back in the 60's, which was a real broke-down mess. Lots and lots of dispute about clearing out the entire block (the street is now the Library parking lot), but once it happened, everyone promptly forgot about it. Eagle Rock was the original Main St.

If the hotel was demolished and became a new parking lot, I think a lot of people would be very happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls