Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2024, 11:02 PM

37,502 posts, read 40,032,440 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT7swFbkdV4

Hatchback with a wide wheelbase compared to its length so it's small on the outside and surprisingly roomy on the inside. Lots of nice little touches like magnetic hooks and swap-able side panels, flat folding rear and front seats, and houndstooth textile! It also has a lot of regular tactile buttons. Unfortunately, I don't think it's likely to come to the US, but I really like this vehicle.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 06-26-2024 at 11:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2024, 05:27 AM

7,281 posts, read 4,969,519 times
Electric……no thanks. It’s cute though.

Old 06-27-2024, 06:44 AM

17,751 posts, read 18,037,102 times
Styling is close to the Hyundai Casper. Range is in two levels, little more than 100 miles at first level and little more than 200 miles in second level. Such an EV makes sense in Europe where long distance driving is t common. The Casper, while cute, wouldn’t be a good fit for USA. However, I wish Hyundai had included some exterior design elements from the Casper onto the Venue.

Old 06-27-2024, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Styling is close to the Hyundai Casper. Range is in two levels, little more than 100 miles at first level and little more than 200 miles in second level. Such an EV makes sense in Europe where long distance driving is t common. The Casper, while cute, wouldn’t be a good fit for USA. However, I wish Hyundai had included some exterior design elements from the Casper onto the Venue.
I think the larger battery one or an even larger battery one than that can work pretty well for the US. The Leaf had a market, and this is a fair bit better in many aspects and with what is comparatively a much better price point. Not every single vehicle needs to be great for long road trips.

Old 06-27-2024, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Electric……no thanks. It’s cute though.

Electric is why it gets the nice flat floor and is able to move the wheelbase far out to the corners, so I think electric is what makes sense. The smaller, more affordable vehicles also often have harsher / whinier engines with terrible acceleration curves, so going electric also deals with that quite well. Overall, this seems to be the right powertrain for the vehicle type.

Old 06-27-2024, 07:38 AM

17,751 posts, read 18,037,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I think the larger battery one or an even larger battery one than that can work pretty well for the US. The Leaf had a market, and this is a fair bit better in many aspects and with what is comparatively a much better price point. Not every single vehicle needs to be great for long road trips.
My wife and I don’t take long trips anymore. I’m not opposed to a small vehicle. I think Hyundai should do a limited roll out in certain metro areas of USA for this vehicle. If I could afford to have our home’s electrical upgraded and add a charging port in our covered parking then a Nissan Leaf or this car would be a good commuter for me. We’re limited in income and health so we can’t do this.

Old 06-28-2024, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
My wife and I don’t take long trips anymore. I’m not opposed to a small vehicle. I think Hyundai should do a limited roll out in certain metro areas of USA for this vehicle. If I could afford to have our home’s electrical upgraded and add a charging port in our covered parking then a Nissan Leaf or this car would be a good commuter for me. We’re limited in income and health so we can’t do this.

I think perhaps something like a rollout that includes Mexico where this would perhaps be more fitting would make sense because it's quite an expense to roll out a low margin economy vehicle on a very limited basis. I think probably a used EV might make more sense on a limited budget, and especially one that's very efficient such that a regular wall socket can be sufficient for travel needs especially if it doesn't need to do long trips.

Old 06-29-2024, 06:33 AM

12,867 posts, read 10,089,579 times
Of course Americans have not been buying subcompact vehicles in great numbers, but there is a whole world beyond America where such cars do very well. And navigating narrow streets or parking in small spaces, tidy exterior dimensions are a considerable plus, and there's plenty of both in Europe and Asia. Then there's the modest price, which is also very practical.

It looks very smartly designed in terms of its form factor - relatively high roof and boxy envelope plus hatchback plus wheels pushed out to the corners - yielding surprisingly roomy interior passenger and cargo space within such a compact envelope. There's also a big greenhouse to make it *feel* larger than it is and provide good visibility out.

And being as it has an electric powertrain rather than some raspy, asthmatic little 2-3 cylinder motor like ICE microcars usually have, it should pull away fairly well off the line and run smoothly and quietly.

Outside of some Chinese brand offerings, it's also the first EV that's legitimately under $25k, beating e.g. Tesla to the punch.

Hyundai has been doing a lot of great things the past few years. They have some very good minds working there, and good leadership that are aiming high.

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 06-29-2024 at 07:42 AM..

Old 06-29-2024, 04:52 PM

5,819 posts, read 11,543,819 times
Hyundai-Kia will likely surpass VW to become the #2 global car manufacturer within a few years. Cars like this Inster are targeted to the masses and will likely sell well, in both the EV and ICE versions. Too bad it likely won't make it to the USA. It looks like a CUV version of the Hyundai I-10 (3 cylinder 1 liter ICE) which I drove many times when living in Germany. The I-10 is Hyundai's entry level subcompact ICE but is outselling the subcompacts of many European brands in Europe.

IMO the Inster looks like Hyundai's competition to the BYD Seagull EV.

Old 06-29-2024, 05:08 PM

62,580 posts, read 88,679,079 times
I really like it too. A great city car!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia