Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 11:06 AM

130 posts, read 109,399 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are looking to purchase a new vehicle, and as the title suggest, I’d rather get a tooth filled without novacaine (which I’ve done before) than car shop. I like Toyota’s and Honda’s, but they have become rather pricey. We’re looking to get a mid-sized SUV and the Hyundai Palisade and Kia Telluride are priced less and have more space than other SUV’s.

I’ve only known one person that’s own a Hyundai, and it had problems quite often. But, it was a 2010 if I recall. Looking the internet, those brands have “seem” to have worked on their reliability, and Hyundai has an excellent warranty going for them.

So, does anyone out there in CD land have a Palisade or Telluride, or newer model of any of those two brands. I would appreciate any first hand experience concerning them, and if you’ve had any problems with their vehicles in general. Do they honor their warranties without a hassle?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2020, 11:25 AM

888 posts, read 804,898 times
Go with the tooth filling

Old 11-29-2020, 11:25 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,541,086 times
Try here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/hyundai-kia/

Old 11-29-2020, 11:27 AM

6,373 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh72 View Post
My wife and I are looking to purchase a new vehicle, and as the title suggest, I’d rather get a tooth filled without novacaine (which I’ve done before) than car shop. I like Toyota’s and Honda’s, but they have become rather pricey. We’re looking to get a mid-sized SUV and the Hyundai Palisade and Kia Telluride are priced less and have more space than other SUV’s.

I’ve only known one person that’s own a Hyundai, and it had problems quite often. But, it was a 2010 if I recall. Looking the internet, those brands have “seem” to have worked on their reliability, and Hyundai has an excellent warranty going for them.

So, does anyone out there in CD land have a Palisade or Telluride, or newer model of any of those two brands. I would appreciate any first hand experience concerning them, and if you’ve had any problems with their vehicles in general. Do they honor their warranties without a hassle?

Thanks in advance.
Have you looked into Chevy Traverse?

Old 11-29-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Have you looked into Chevy Traverse?
I did, but they didn’t seem to have great reliably reviews. I saw them on one of the “vehicles to avoid list” I think it was motor trends. Plus, the fact We don’t really care for the body style.

Old 11-29-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Thanks. I didn’t know that existed.

But, anyone local please feel free to respond. Because, I would be dealing with local dealer for service, etc

Old 11-29-2020, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeru View Post
Go with the tooth filling
I whole heartedly agree. I had a small filling done one time when I was in my 20’s. Told the dentist not to numb it, because I didn’t want to spend the rest of the day with no feeling in my mouth. I enjoyed that more than the hassle with a car salesman.

Old 11-29-2020, 02:33 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
I have the consumer reports car edition on my desk right now and the Kia Telluride is the best rated midsized 3-row SUV (followed by Hyundai Palisade and Toyota Highlander/Mazda CX-9)

Midsized 2-row: Subaru Outback
Small SUV: Subaru Crosstrek, Subaru Forester, Mazda CX-5, Subaru Crosstrek

I got a Hyundai Kona once as a car rental when I was on vacation road tripping and I thought it was a good car

Old 11-29-2020, 02:48 PM

5,874 posts, read 6,940,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh72 View Post
So, does anyone out there in CD land have a Palisade or Telluride, or newer model of any of those two brands.
I bought a new 2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid, the first year they came out (which is usually not a good idea). My friend liked it so much, she bought one too. They both have been flawless. I truly get 60+ MPG in the summer (though only in the low 50s in the winter). This is my first non Honda or Toyota purchase in decades and I have been impressed.

Old 11-29-2020, 03:37 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
I used to own a 2004 KIA. It wasn't much, basically a tin can on wheels. Not much power - hills were - well, some hills I didn't think I was going to make it. (Like along I-5 near LA...or even the smaller hills in Maine!)

In January 2020, I got a brand new KIA - same model.

I will tell you this: KIA has come a LONG way. Still lighter than other cars, so better gas mileage - but the trade off is you don't have that heavy vehicle protection in an accident. Power is so much better - so. much. better.

Not sure about all KIAs, but know most of them have left the timing belt behind and gone to timing chain - which is a huge plus.

I don't have a Telluride, but I would pick KIA over Hyundai. You have 2 places to go in the Raliegh area - Hendrick KIA of Cary, or you can go to northern Raleigh to the other KIA dealer. Reviews come out about the same, but will say that for maintenance, the northern Raleigh one is cheaper than Cary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia