Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 05:32 PM

30,282 posts, read 23,772,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
2004 Kia Rio?

And you expect anyone other than someone who has that vehicle sitting in front of them to know it has a carb?

Look.. A 1984 vehicle.. Yeah.. It probably has a carb. A 1994.. It might have a carb.

A 2004? That might be the only vehicle to have a carb, and not all of them have it.

You go to Rock Auto, NAPA.. They don't even list a carb for it.

That's why you had so many people talking throttle body and IAC valves.. Because they all thought it was fuel injection.

Show of hands here.. How many people even knew that carb was a possibility on this car?
Edit: Meh, your posts aren't worth it. I will only suggest at this point that you go back and read what I wrote, CAREFULLY, this time, before pounding out your next rude and unhelpful post.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 03-30-2020 at 05:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 12:50 PM

23,352 posts, read 18,930,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Edit: Meh, your posts aren't worth it. I will only suggest at this point that you go back and read what I wrote, CAREFULLY, this time, before pounding out your next rude and unhelpful post.
IMHO Labonte's comment was valid, not rude. Curious, I read through the thread because it brought back memories of my dad repeatedly trying to diagnose engine shake in a sibling's older car. Didn't see anything about this car's current engine having a carburetor or any mention about checking one during all the inspections/repairs. As for being rude or unhelpful, well, that's obviously perception. Mine is that this pot's just trying to call the kettle black. You may not like hearing it OP, but you do have...shall we say...a reputation.

Last edited by Parnassia; 04-01-2020 at 01:23 PM..

Old 04-02-2020, 08:23 AM

1,070 posts, read 789,262 times
OP you have been good at describing the play by play of your cars repairs recently. All your cars problems should have been discovered during an inspection that you can pay for in the future. No second guesses, no maybe's just the facts. The diagnostic equipment mechanics have today are precise and answer exactly what's wrong with the car.

Pay for an inspection, take a automotive trouble shooting course, read a book on the subject. Over the time since the thread has been created you probably already have it fixed. Also even if you have replaced the car and your still working from home, take your vehicle onto the interstate once a month and drive the speed limit for an hour it's good for the car.

https://www.autobytel.com/car-buying...cklist-104354/

With the checklist you can get more precise with your description of what is wrong with your car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia