Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 11:15 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,251,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelena View Post
I am very impressed with the car. It has a longer wheelbase and sportier suspension tuning than the G70 so it has more room, better ride, better handling. It was developed as a GT, not a sports car so the market for a standard transmission would be very limited anyway. The bang for the buck is very good.

The one I wanted to test drive at my local dealer was leased as soon as it rolled off the truck so I will have to wait. The initial demand has the district here in the PNW adding a 5K 'regional price adjustment' which I won't pay so it will be awhile before I can provide impressions.
Portland/Vancouver area Kia dealers have that regional adjustment on even a Soul. Doesn't really mean anything, just a sucker tax. They'll still negotiate below TrueCar prices to just under invoice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 04:48 PM

8,323 posts, read 13,453,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Yes, the uninteresting base model. The ones you see being hyped and compared to other luxury sports models is the GT2 which starts over $50K.
Even the GT1 is like in the mid $40K range!
It is a flippin' KIA for crying out loud! They don't have the long enough history to be credible to demand such figures, imo.

Besides, it is a risk to buy the first year of any totally new model from any maker anyhow.

Old 01-23-2018, 01:23 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
I saw one yesterday at the dealer where I was getting my car serviced. Quite nice looking in person.

Attachment 192293
I test drove the GT model a month ago. I even test drove a newer Optima SXL on that same day. Neither vehicles were good enough to shake me from my 2013 Optima LX. I plan on keeping that car until it doesn't run anymore.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:32 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Yes, the uninteresting base model. The ones you see being hyped and compared to other luxury sports models is the GT2 which starts over $50K.
Even the GT1 is like in the mid $40K range!
It is a flippin' KIA for crying out loud! They don't have the long enough history to be credible to demand such figures, imo.

Besides, it is a risk to buy the first year of any totally new model from any maker anyhow.
>>>> Our KIA Soul was a redesign in 2014 and its been trouble free now for over 3 years. And KIA has been getting recognition for reliability, build quality and value.
The Stinger is my pick for a luxury car if those Powerball numbers ever pan out.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:37 AM

8,323 posts, read 13,453,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>> Our KIA Soul was a redesign in 2014 and its been trouble free now for over 3 years. And KIA has been getting recognition for reliability, build quality and value.
The Stinger is my pick for a luxury car if those Powerball numbers ever pan out.
Ha-hah! I am in the same boat but playing Fantasy5 because the pay out is sufficient to get something like a Stinger and odds are wayyy better than any other 7+ figure lottery out there.

Yes, I have been hearing from various people where a few are mechanics, speaking quite highly of newer Korean cars. I am sure KIA is just as good as Hyundai but I have my eye on the 2019 Veloster N.
Depending on the MSRP and test ride, I might go for one instead of a 2018 VW GTI.

Old 02-20-2018, 02:29 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,265,288 times
Saw one today 29999k, looks good in black.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:36 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
How do they build a car like this with no manual trans???

And before you say they have paddles shifters. That's like having sex by yourself. It gets he job done, but not the same.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:43 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
How do they build a car like this with no manual trans???

And before you say they have paddles shifters. That's like having sex by yourself. It gets he job done, but not the same.
Almost no one buys manual transmissions - not from Honda, Nissan, Toyota, GM, Ford, Chrysler nor BMW.

The small group of holdouts that do drive a stick are not numerous enough to move the market.

Old 02-24-2018, 10:55 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Almost no one buys manual transmissions - not from Honda, Nissan, Toyota, GM, Ford, Chrysler nor BMW.

The small group of holdouts that do drive a stick are not numerous enough to move the market.
That's why we're unique.

To drive a stick is to be one with the car.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:10 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
That's why we're unique.

To drive a stick is to be one with the car.
To drive a stick with no ABS or traction controls, bias-ply hard as iron tires, 9" drum brakes, 300 Plus horsepower, skewed to the ditch weight bias...........THAT'S being "one with the car"..............today's stick driving is simply stirring in your cream and sugar with a spoon rather than picking a flavour from the Keurig drawer. The coffee tastes the same
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia