Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 06:18 PM

2,025 posts, read 1,746,077 times

Advertisements

There is talk on the Hyundai Forum I visit that in the near future certain Hyundai dealers won't be able to sell or service the Genesis cars - that privilege might go to "Genesis" dealers only. This means that someone living far from a larger city, like Los Angeles or San Francisco would have a long drive ahead for warranty work or any complicated repairs.

There is a factory-trained Hyundai tech on the forum and he is happy to see the Genesis brand locked out of their shop because he finds working on the Genesis more difficult and less rewarding financially. Anyone familiar with the flat rate system (the way mechanics get paid) will understand; I agree with the guy.

This isn't good news for Hyundai/Genesis. I'm not in the market to pay $ 45-75 K or more for a car, but even if I would, this trend would be discouraging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 01:21 PM

5,641 posts, read 24,971,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
There is talk on the Hyundai Forum I visit that in the near future certain Hyundai dealers won't be able to sell or service the Genesis cars - that privilege might go to "Genesis" dealers only. This means that someone living far from a larger city, like Los Angeles or San Francisco would have a long drive ahead for warranty work or any complicated repairs.

There is a factory-trained Hyundai tech on the forum and he is happy to see the Genesis brand locked out of their shop because he finds working on the Genesis more difficult and less rewarding financially. Anyone familiar with the flat rate system (the way mechanics get paid) will understand; I agree with the guy.

This isn't good news for Hyundai/Genesis. I'm not in the market to pay $ 45-75 K or more for a car, but even if I would, this trend would be discouraging.
Genesis brings a loaner to your house and takes your car for service so you don't have to drive or wait.

Hyundai has not been decisive about offering their premium brand, first it was at select dealers, then at those with a Genesis showroom, and now the rumor is that they are moving towards stand alone Genesis dealerships.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:48 AM

37,232 posts, read 39,498,461 times
There's an electric version of the G80 that's getting rave reviews. Apparently the smoothness of the electric powertrain cribbed from the e-GMP vehicles does wonders in highlighting the best parts of the Genesis, and it drives quite well.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/reviews...ed-g80-review/

There's also a pretty neat trick with how they hid the charging port into the grill rather seamlessly as part of the diamond pattern

Unfortunately, it currently has fairly limited availability in the US at select dealerships in just 12 states

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 11-15-2022 at 09:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia