Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2015, 08:08 PM

2 posts, read 2,145 times

Advertisements

I have a rather low mileage (63K) 2004 Sonata window/electric problems. I bought it a year ago from a dealer with 30 day warranty and they fixed the problem I encountered, namely, drivers window getting stuck down. In November, it started again. I have been very busy at work and have been hoping to wait til early 2016 to fix this. But during a heavy rain last week, the driver's window went down when I hit the passenger window button. Finally got it to go up (prayers and fingers crossed). But another time it went down when I turned the ignition on. Hasn't happened again, but I haven't touched my window buttons.
I expected to lay out plus or minus $300 for a new motor. Anyone have an idea how much the electrical issue might cost?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 05:44 PM

205 posts, read 572,997 times
The problem is most likely the master window switch in the drivers door. They are the most common source of irregular window operation in Hyundai's. Mostly due to the fact that water does drip on them from time to time and they are the "brain" to the power window system.

I would start with the master switch based on your description of the concern.

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia