Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 09:30 AM

19,441 posts, read 27,850,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Hyundai concedes it has a design dud on its hands, promises a refresh soon:

Too bad it won't happen until 2017-18. We need to replace our 2013 in August when the 3 year lease is up, so we're stuck with a 2016. We'll compare to the Accord and Camry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 10:17 PM

24,474 posts, read 26,012,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
As a brand new owner of a 2015 Sonata SE, I can finally comment here. lol.

I looked at the new Accord, Camry, 200, Legacy and though smaller, even the Corolla. I was not that wild about the styling on the new Sonata or even the interior, but out of all of those cars, I chose it. One of the main reasons, is that it offered many more features for much less money, especially on the last day of the month.

I thought that the interior quality and materials is right on par with the Accord (if not slightly better in some cases, such as the door panels) and better than the Camry. The ride seemed better than any of the above, with the exception of the Corolla which is odd since it is a smaller car, but I thought it rode as good as the Sonata and the Corolla seems to ride better than the Accord or Camry. I think it has a softer suspension. The Sonata is also very quiet on the inside.

The Accord and Corolla have CVT transmissions, which I have never had, but I actually liked the seamless shifts. The Sonata is the only car out of the above with standard satellite radio and NONE even have an optional "telematics" system but the Sonata. Safety wise, the '15 Sonata performed better than the '14 model, so that is a plus. More interior features... the Sonata was the ONLY car I mentioned above that had a button on the dash for opening the fuel door and trunk lid. All of the others had the latches on the driver floor which gets dirty due to its location. Also, the Accord had a speedometer that is very large, yet difficult to see your speed at a quick glance. The needle is thin and not easy to see on the Accord. The Sonata on the other hand has very legible gauges that are bright and easy to read at a glance.

As far as exterior styling, I think the new Camry is absolutely hideous with that wide-mouth grill, so it was off of my list quickly. I liked the outside of the Accord and Corolla. The Legacy seemed ok at first, then it looked stubby the more I looked at it. The Accord was overpriced, especially considering the lack of features. On the Accord, you have to get the EX-L model to even get satellite radio. The Corolla was a little slow, but gets super MPG and cheap. I do like that the Corolla LE (as well as the Accord) has standard automatic climate control, too bad the Sonata SE does not (oddly the Camry does not either, but Corolla does).

I only have 70 miles on my car (35 put on by me), but as I drive it more (especially next week when I will drive it to work and put about 350-400 miles on it, I will report more about my likes-dislikes. It will be my work car for many years, so I hope there are not many dislikes.

The car has a lot of bells and whistles, more than any car I have ever owned before. I got mine with the popular equipment package option which added back-up camera, 5-inch touch screen radio, Bluelink telematics system, driver power seat, automatic headlights, etc. I still have to read the books and figure out how to add my contacts to the Bluetooth and get all of my stations on the presets on the radio and figure out how to subscribe to Bluelink and XM satellite radio after the trail expires.

Again, the car seems a little boring, but will suit my needs and get me to work for the next few years and economically. It received a higher highway MPG than Accord or Camry and also had the best warranty.

Don't worry to much about subscribing to XM. They mail, email and call you way before your subscription runs out. EZ PZ.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:27 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,628,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Don't worry to much about subscribing to XM. They mail, email and call you way before your subscription runs out. EZ PZ.
They never send me anything, but mine also auto renews on my credit card.

Old 05-04-2015, 04:45 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,233,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
That is one thing with me. I rarely use my credit card and I hate using it. I wish I could use my bank/debit card, but I guess it does not work like that. I will have to look into it.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:09 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,628,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
That is one thing with me. I rarely use my credit card and I hate using it. I wish I could use my bank/debit card, but I guess it does not work like that. I will have to look into it.
I never give out my debit card number, or let it leave my hands. I had a server at a restaurant in Houston copy the numbers from it once and charge all sorts of stuff online. It took me forever to get reimbursed for that stuff. With a credit card you call and dispute the charges and it's removed immediately, if they don't catch it before you do.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:28 AM

Quote:
I have XM in my other car that we use for trips, figured we didn't need it for the new around town car. They have been pestering me for about 2 months to sign up.

The other car I just renewed for 5 years lst Oct.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:31 AM

Quote:
I never give out my debit card number, or let it leave my hands. I had a server at a restaurant in Houston copy the numbers from it once and charge all sorts of stuff online. It took me forever to get reimbursed for that stuff. With a credit card you call and dispute the charges and it's removed immediately, if they don't catch it before you do.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia