Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 01:08 PM

805 posts, read 1,873,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
What? I think you mean doughnuts to $$. Because what you said doesn't make any sense.
No I mean $ to doughnuts

Quote:
And everything is disclosed in my ad, in the vehicle report. I'm not sure how this makes me a con (wo)man.
You put an ad on Ebay (having a feedback of 2) and write
Quote:
Title will be available a 1-2 weeks after sale has been made.
And you really wonder why someone says you look like a con man? really. Does the term red flag mean anything to you?

I'm not saying you are a bad person...but you don't know how to sell a car.

Last edited by Cranston; 04-15-2013 at 01:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 03:33 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,349,473 times
Quote:
Just seeing this. I have the negative equity available, but my interest is compounded daily. I don't know if the money I put towards the NE will make a difference because of this..?
You have a simple interest loan with per diem interest (added daily), putting money towards the principal now will effectively lower what you will pay in interest. There shouldn't be any early termination fees if you financed through the dealership.

I would only apply that towards the negative equity immediately if you still plan on a private party sale, if you sell to Carmax or equivalent, wait until you're there to sell the car, to avoid any issues. (Specifically, making the payment but not having it register yet, and ending up having to wait to sell).

Quote:
One thing I did not agree with was that they said my whole back bumper needed to be replaced. From the pictures, there is nothing wrong with the back bumper. IDK if the fact that I am woman and I went alone has anything to do with it..
Bumper needing to be replaced is a standardized phrase they use anytime a bumper needs work, realize a bumper costs Carmax $150 or so to replace and leaves a more desirable result than trying to repair and paint the existing bumper. skuff marks and scratches are enough to get this written on the appraisal sheet, but it doesn't significantly affect the offer, maybe $500 at most. Cars like yours are sold for between $14-17 depending on quality and equipment, so $11k isn't a bad wholesale offer, which is what Carmax offers.

That being said, if the other company is reputable and they'll give you $1700 more, sell it to them and the the savings.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:37 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,987,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranston View Post
No I mean $ to doughnuts

You put an ad on Ebay (having a feedback of 2) and write And you really wonder why someone says you look like a con man? really. Does the term red flag mean anything to you?

I'm not saying you are a bad person...but you don't know how to sell a car.
I don't have feedback of two. It's actually 4. It was lowered because the last user asked ME to end my bid and send two invoices, and she only paid one. So yes, I cancelled the transaction. I don't know who that person is, and I'm not sending them a purse worth $1000 for an incomplete payment. She also has a history of nonpayment. I'm not going to trust someone over the internet. Anyways, there really is no need for me to explain to you.

Who cares what you think..

Lastly, wouldn't a con-man not disclose that information? So, either way I'm a con-man? Doesn't make any sense, but whatever. And no, I don't know how to sell a car. I'm a 27 year old woman living in a house full of women - who all have no clue that dishonestly sells.

Like I said before. The car has been taken care of..So I chose to end the bid..and get the heck off of eBay.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
I would only apply that towards the negative equity immediately if you still plan on a private party sale, if you sell to Carmax or equivalent, wait until you're there to sell the car, to avoid any issues. (Specifically, making the payment but not having it register yet, and ending up having to wait to sell).
I'm selling the car to a small dealership for $12.5K, which isn't bad. I really want to consider WBAC, but the branch manager was telling me $12.5K today could be $10.5K next weekend. I don't know if he was just trying to rush the sale though either.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:46 PM

Thanks to everyone for advice, once again.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:06 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,349,473 times
Quote:
I'm selling the car to a small dealership for $12.5K, which isn't bad. I really want to consider WBAC, but the branch manager was telling me $12.5K today could be $10.5K next weekend. I don't know if he was just trying to rush the sale though either.
That is a very good offer for that car, and I think you should be happy with it. I'm glad you found a good solution to your problem.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:38 PM

805 posts, read 1,873,480 times
Quote:
and I'm not sending them a purse worth $1000 for an incomplete payment.
Yet, your Ebay ad was asking for $12.5K without being able to hand over the title at the time of exchange. Ohh the irony.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranston View Post
Yet, your Ebay ad was asking for $12.5K without being able to hand over the title at the time of exchange. Ohh the irony.
No, it's ironic that you think it's criminal to be honest with them and disclose this TRUE information..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia