Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 03:11 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times

Advertisements

would it be safe for hyundai to go the toyota, nissan, honda way and create a luxury brand for themselves to advertise the azera, genesis sedan, and equus better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 04:02 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,069,075 times
I think it will make sense down the line but not quite right now. Hyundai has been on a huge rebound in terms of consumer brand perception over the last 12 years and although the product is there I'd wait for that perception to solidify a bit more before launching a luxury brand. The Genesis branding in general isn't so much focused on raw sales as it is on raising awareness and perceived quality.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:34 PM

382 posts, read 803,769 times
If and when they do. All I will say is B.M.W., Lexus, Mercedes, etc better prepare.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaGeo View Post
If and when they do. All I will say is B.M.W., Lexus, Mercedes, etc better prepare.
I don't doubt that they can do it but it is a very difficult field to compete in. The top three luxury makes have a very solid image and buyer base that is fairly difficult to sway. It will take a lot of time and even more money. Lincoln, Infiniti, Acura and Cadillac have been trying to do this for years with limited success and they are more established luxury brands as far as the consumer is concerned.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaGeo View Post
lexus seems to be the only one that can compete.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:42 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
its a throwaway car good for 100,000. basic short term cheap transportation. does not hold a candle to a camry, best car on the road.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its a throwaway car good for 100,000. basic short term cheap transportation. does not hold a candle to a camry, best car on the road.
Then why did my Hyundai Accent hit 160k miles? Why does a quick craigslist search bring up numerous Hyundai's with over 120k miles for sale in running condition? Are they lying?

Here is a thread on this very forum with a Camry needing significant repair at 60k miles: https://www.city-data.com/forum/autom...pump-leak.html

My buddies Camry has what looks like the cheapest interior in its class. The Sonata is far better in my opinion.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
Then why did my Hyundai Accent hit 160k miles? Why does a quick craigslist search bring up numerous Hyundai's with over 120k miles for sale in running condition? Are they lying?

Here is a thread on this very forum with a Camry needing significant repair at 60k miles: https://www.city-data.com/forum/autom...pump-leak.html

My buddies Camry has what looks like the cheapest interior in its class. The Sonata is far better in my opinion.
thats his personal problem. facts are camry is more reliable on the road then any hyundai, and its a proven fact. almost anyone who knows cars will tell you camry or toyota for that matter last on the road more then most cars.

camry is superior then the sonata, and the interior in the sonata is very cheap as well. The new 2012 camry interior is very nice. It actually makes the camry look underpriced.

also sonatas and kia optimas both have stiffer steering as compared to a smoove camry.

on a side note the genesis looks way better then a solora all though idk what the qualities are in both of them when driving. Ill be looking to buy a genesis coupe next summer hopefully.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:23 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post

Wow, a $350 repair (usually less than $300) is a major repair. If every car needing $350 in repairs at 60k was all that they needed....

Considering the last two Hyundai's I have had to deal with for friends ended up as manufacturer buybacks due to engine issues, I would stick with the Camry.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Wow, a $350 repair (usually less than $300) is a major repair. If every car needing $350 in repairs at 60k was all that they needed....

Considering the last two Hyundai's I have had to deal with for friends ended up as manufacturer buybacks due to engine issues, I would stick with the Camry.
this is my first ever hearing someone say they'd prefer a Hyundai over a Camry as far as reliability goes lol. Not reffering to you though lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia