Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2011, 11:19 AM

510 posts, read 2,212,365 times

Advertisements

Anyone here have one?

Pros and cons?

What do you think of the truck?

We had a 2006 that we leased and we loved it....the new one is so different looking.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 01:32 PM

4,798 posts, read 10,660,343 times
The CEO has a 2010 Hyundai Tucson Limited, we bought for her this past May...very, very similar cars, eg same chassis, engine, trans, etc., even comparing 2010 vs 2011, as changes to either were minuscule.

In base version it's ok, for grocery getter; up trim gets more pizazz, a few more 'techie' items, etc. Pricing is almost identical, Kia vs Hyundai, (basically same manufacturer), and cars are near identical.

She likes it alot, (coming from her '03 Honda CR-V, which was a registered pos, imo), and it does what she/we want it to do. Holds four sets of golf clubs in back, hauls 4 people comfortably, handles decently, and has the gizmos she wanted, at a fair price.

Pans: road noise is considerable; tires are big 18s and noisy, and they skimped on the sound absorption insulation, imo. Horn is laughable tinny, mpg is just ok as in you will never see the '31 highway' the sticker says, even in FWD, let alone the AWD version. Her Limited has Nav, (ok), sat radio, BTooth, back up cam, etc.

Only ~8,000 miles on her car in 8 months, but it is still tight, rattle free, and nothing has broken or glitched.

Excellent warranty and term, seems well done if a bit cost cut on certain bits, but it's well under $30gs loaded.
My 50Cts...
GL, mD

Old 01-18-2011, 09:30 PM

510 posts, read 2,212,365 times
The 2011 Kia Sportage is a lot different looking than the Tuscon. We looked at the Tuscon back in 2007 before we bought our Mitsubishi Endeavor. We really didnt like the look and the inside is really tight compared to the sportage which ahd loads of room. My neighbors on either side of me both have the tuscon and love them.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:43 AM

4,798 posts, read 10,660,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budsvtec View Post
The 2011 Kia Sportage is a lot different looking than the Tuscon. We looked at the Tuscon back in 2007 before we bought our Mitsubishi Endeavor. We really didnt like the look and the inside is really tight compared to the sportage which ahd loads of room. My neighbors on either side of me both have the tuscon and love them.
Go look at a new Tuck, 2010 or 2011...park one next to a Kia Sportage:
hard to tell diff, other than 'tumble home'/C Pillar and diff wheels. Drive a Tuck and Sportage back to back: very little diff, and loaded,
they are nearly id in price. Glad I wrote that first long review,
GL, mD

Old 01-19-2011, 07:09 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,237,690 times
I've been looking at the Sportage and the Tucson lately. I want to test drive them and get a little more intimate with them before pulling the trigger.

We had a renal Kia Forte recently and it was pretty nice. But, I have agree that road noise and sound deadening are an issue. I closed the door on the thing and the door panel basically echoed. It sounded and felt extremely flimsy and cheap. But the interior quality has improved over the years and driving the forte was actually quite pleasant. I assume the Sportage would be similar. I would hold out for the turbo, more powerful motor to come out though. I hear they're pretty gutless.

Edit: I should note we have 2 newer VW's currently. Interior fit and finish is pretty important to me and the forte seems to have lost some of its "Rubbermade" qualities.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:50 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,554,390 times
Its the Korean version of a Toyota/Honda but designed by an ex Audi guy. So it should be a decent truck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia