Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 10:42 PM

82 posts, read 75,313 times

Advertisements

Anyone heard anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2022, 01:10 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,585,089 times
Like they do in nearly every city they serve , flights are seasonal or shuffled. Currently flights to Denver are good through September and Orlando service may return in November. So we shall see.

Old 08-12-2022, 06:18 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,842,681 times
It would suit me just fine if they went bankrupt. They cancelled my flight last minute and left me hanging. I won't ever use them again. I would walk to Orlando and back before I would try to fly with them again.

Old 08-12-2022, 11:52 AM

12,990 posts, read 9,516,147 times
Was at the golf course today, and saw a Breeze that turned to the west after taking off toward the north (thanks to the cold front). Likely the new service to Vegas.

Old 08-12-2022, 12:09 PM

2,454 posts, read 3,218,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Was at the golf course today, and saw a Breeze that turned to the west after taking off toward the north (thanks to the cold front). Likely the new service to Vegas.
Nope, it went to Tampa.

Old 08-14-2022, 02:05 PM

641 posts, read 699,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
Nope, it went to Tampa.

Yes, we have TPA only for now with a "direct" flight to Charleston which is really the TPA flight continuing to CHS.

LAS starts in September.

Old 08-14-2022, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldiver View Post
Yes, we have TPA only for now with a "direct" flight to Charleston which is really the TPA flight continuing to CHS.

LAS starts in September.
Thought Vegas was supposed to start in August. I suppose that changed.

You likely already know, but many confuse a direct flight with non-stop.

"Direct" merely means that you stay on the same plane all the way to your destination, regardless of the number of stops. "Non-stop" means - no stops. So, it's a non-stop to Tampa but a direct flight to Charleston. Las Vegas will be non-stop.

Old 08-15-2022, 05:28 PM

Well it’s true
https://www.al.com/news/2022/08/fron...e-airport.html

A chance for Breeze to maybe increase frequency to Tampa, or Orlando.

Last edited by AU HSV; 08-15-2022 at 05:37 PM..

Old 08-15-2022, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Well it’s true
https://www.al.com/news/2022/08/fron...e-airport.html

A chance for Breeze to maybe increase frequency to Tampa, or Orlando.
Huntsville hung on longer with Frontier than a lot of others, like Mobile and I think Jackson, MS had service at one point. Not sure if B'ham ever did. Their planes sure were nice looking.

Southwest should give Huntsville a shot (even though they seem to have a lot of morale problems with their employees). Jackson was well under HSV for many years, but since adding back Southwest they are now slightly higher in passenger traffic. I think they would do well here, assuming they had decent destinations. Newark (one of their primary focus cities) would be a good place to start.

Old 08-15-2022, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Huntsville hung on longer with Frontier than a lot of others, like Mobile and I think Jackson, MS had service at one point. Not sure if B'ham ever did. Their planes sure were nice looking.

Southwest should give Huntsville a shot (even though they seem to have a lot of morale problems with their employees). Jackson was well under HSV for many years, but since adding back Southwest they are now slightly higher in passenger traffic. I think they would do well here, assuming they had decent destinations. Newark (one of their primary focus cities) would be a good place to start.
It’s all about connections and reasonable frequency. There are fewer airlines every year and right now they are all in disarray. HSV has been courting Southwest for over a decade. A couple daily flights to Love Field in Dallas or as you say Newark would be fantastic and offer good connections although Southwest prices aren’t that cheap anymore. A couple of flights to Atlanta would help keep Delta in check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area