Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2020, 06:30 PM

198 posts, read 250,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmom2000 View Post
Is Margaritaville officially dead? Has there been an announcement?
Basically. Don’t think they’d like to make an announcement especially after cancellation of the minor league season. That would make Town Madison look like a complete fail...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 07:02 PM

375 posts, read 514,214 times
Think it's been dead for a while, just not announced to the public. You'd think the real estate company that has the $6 million incentive to bring the hotel here would have something (anything) in place by now and have announced a construction start date. You'd also think the Margaritaville folks would acknowledge a Madison location by including it on their website or saying so when asked about it. They haven't on either front for over two years since the initial announcement.

Perhaps more telling is the footprint created by the ongoing site work in the development. It matches the site plan shown on the CBRE marketing package that does not include the Margaritaville Hotel. The difference is the two sections in the southeast corner of the stadium parking lot. These two areas are part of the parking lot in the site plan with the Margaritaville Hotel. They are occupied by an amphitheater and theater in the alternate site plan.

The inclusion of an amphitheater is a bit strange on its face considering that Madison seemed intent on concerts being one of the non-baseball revenue generators at the stadium. Why have a concert in a baseball stadium when there's an outdoor amphitheater 60 yards to the south that has better acoustics, etc.?

Old 08-04-2020, 06:34 PM

12,983 posts, read 9,510,269 times
I've noticed that work on the new Outback in Town Madison seems to have halted. They have a sign, and installed what looks like plumbing, and since then nothing has been done that's obvious. Is it still on?

Also, at the corner of Zierdt and Town Madison Drive, something is being built. Looks now like it might just be a brick sign for the entrance, but at one time it looked like a building was going up. Anybody know?

Old 08-04-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grumpy View Post
Think it's been dead for a while, just not announced to the public. You'd think the real estate company that has the $6 million incentive to bring the hotel here would have something (anything) in place by now and have announced a construction start date. You'd also think the Margaritaville folks would acknowledge a Madison location by including it on their website or saying so when asked about it. They haven't on either front for over two years since the initial announcement.

Perhaps more telling is the footprint created by the ongoing site work in the development. It matches the site plan shown on the CBRE marketing package that does not include the Margaritaville Hotel. The difference is the two sections in the southeast corner of the stadium parking lot. These two areas are part of the parking lot in the site plan with the Margaritaville Hotel. They are occupied by an amphitheater and theater in the alternate site plan.

The inclusion of an amphitheater is a bit strange on its face considering that Madison seemed intent on concerts being one of the non-baseball revenue generators at the stadium. Why have a concert in a baseball stadium when there's an outdoor amphitheater 60 yards to the south that has better acoustics, etc.?
Not to mention that Huntsville is going to build a really upscale amphitheater in MidCity (assuming it's still a thing).

Old 08-05-2020, 06:33 PM

198 posts, read 250,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Not to mention that Huntsville is going to build a really upscale amphitheater in MidCity (assuming it's still a thing).
Well if you noticed trees have been cleared and the road leading to it has been worked on.

Old 08-05-2020, 09:08 PM

278 posts, read 435,107 times
Quote:
I've noticed that work on the new Outback in Town Madison seems to have halted. They have a sign, and installed what looks like plumbing, and since then nothing has been done that's obvious. Is it still on?

Also, at the corner of Zierdt and Town Madison Drive, something is being built. Looks now like it might just be a brick sign for the entrance, but at one time it looked like a building was going up. Anybody know?
supposedly, according to someone on the Nextdoor app, Outback itself has halted the building due to coming up with a different layout for Coronavirus. They apparently believe that take out meals are the wave of the future, so they're redoing parking lots/eating areas/etc. to reflect that.

Old 08-21-2020, 09:43 AM

764 posts, read 1,110,010 times
For all of the Town Madison skeptics and naysayers, activity is definitely going on there at this time more than any other development in the Huntsville area:

1. Outback Steakhouse is definitely under construction now. In fact they have filed a Master Plan with the City of Madison for new signage of the building which includes a map of Australia on the building - you can see this on the City of Madison's Planning Commission's August 20th Meeting Agenda under item #7.
2. Another restaurant is under construction next door to Outback at the corner of Zierdt Rd. and Moon Shot Drive. I'm not sure what the restaurant will be, however, under item #7 on the Planning Commission Agenda, its shows the layout for all of Town Madison and a small business is shown in that lot.
3. J. Alexander's Restaurant is under construction, too, on Town Madison Boulevard just before Toyota Field.
4. In recent Madison Planning Commission meetings, a seven story hotel building that will have a combination of two Marriott brands - a Courtyard and a Residence Inn has been approved (located on Stadium Way next to I-565) as well as next door the Palmer House Apartments which will be a four story building with 286 apartments.
5. The restaurant/retail buildings on TM Blvd. across the street from Toyota Field are nearing completion - it will be interesting to see what tenants will be there.
6. On the West End, (near Wall Triana), the Avid Hotel is almost complete and the Hilton Garden Inn is well underway.
7. in The Heights, many single family homes and Townhomes are under construction.

The Master Plan which I referred to earlier and is on the City of Madison Planning Commission's August 20th Agenda, the plans for the whole development are shown. For what it's worth, they still show the Margaritaville Hotel as well as several large scale retail buildings - one is 150,000 sq. ft. in the West End. I can't think of another location which has more going on in this area.

Final note: The carnival fair taking place on the parking lot for Toyota Field looks like the Las Vegas Strip has come to Madison, AL. It is pretty over the top and you would never know that there is a pandemic. Paul Finley (Mayor of Madison) has made it clear that the City of Madison is not happy about it and had nothing to do with it coming to Madison - I guess Ball Corp. leased out the space. Anyway, if you are in that area at night, you will definitely see it!

Old 08-21-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1502 View Post
For all of the Town Madison skeptics and naysayers, activity is definitely going on there at this time more than any other development in the Huntsville area:

1. Outback Steakhouse is definitely under construction now. In fact they have filed a Master Plan with the City of Madison for new signage of the building which includes a map of Australia on the building - you can see this on the City of Madison's Planning Commission's August 20th Meeting Agenda under item #7.
2. Another restaurant is under construction next door to Outback at the corner of Zierdt Rd. and Moon Shot Drive. I'm not sure what the restaurant will be, however, under item #7 on the Planning Commission Agenda, its shows the layout for all of Town Madison and a small business is shown in that lot.
3. J. Alexander's Restaurant is under construction, too, on Town Madison Boulevard just before Toyota Field.
4. In recent Madison Planning Commission meetings, a seven story hotel building that will have a combination of two Marriott brands - a Courtyard and a Residence Inn has been approved (located on Stadium Way next to I-565) as well as next door the Palmer House Apartments which will be a four story building with 286 apartments.
5. The restaurant/retail buildings on TM Blvd. across the street from Toyota Field are nearing completion - it will be interesting to see what tenants will be there.
6. On the West End, (near Wall Triana), the Avid Hotel is almost complete and the Hilton Garden Inn is well underway.
7. in The Heights, many single family homes and Townhomes are under construction.

The Master Plan which I referred to earlier and is on the City of Madison Planning Commission's August 20th Agenda, the plans for the whole development are shown. For what it's worth, they still show the Margaritaville Hotel as well as several large scale retail buildings - one is 150,000 sq. ft. in the West End. I can't think of another location which has more going on in this area.

Final note: The carnival fair taking place on the parking lot for Toyota Field looks like the Las Vegas Strip has come to Madison, AL. It is pretty over the top and you would never know that there is a pandemic. Paul Finley (Mayor of Madison) has made it clear that the City of Madison is not happy about it and had nothing to do with it coming to Madison - I guess Ball Corp. leased out the space. Anyway, if you are in that area at night, you will definitely see it!
I'll be able to at least see the lights from my deck. Many of those who live in Edgewater on the upper side of Heritage Lane will have a very good view, and for those in Mountain Brook it will almost be like being there.

Old 08-21-2020, 08:17 PM

2,997 posts, read 3,583,586 times
Quote:
I'll be able to at least see the lights from my deck. Many of those who live in Edgewater on the upper side of Heritage Lane will have a very good view, and for those in Mountain Brook it will almost be like being there.
Opportunity lost, landscaping is not a high priority with this. A perfect chance to incorporate large park like setting instead of asphalt strip mall effect. At least Mid City will have significant landscape.

Old 08-22-2020, 10:37 AM

375 posts, read 514,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1502 View Post

The building next to Outback is a Qdoba. Margaritaville isn't happening and the city of Madison and Town Madison are the ones who will have to bear the impact of that. The city was on the hook to pay Chance Partners $6 million over a five year period if one was built but included no monetary penalties if one wasn't built. It's still a mystery why the city even negotiated such a deal given that Chance Partners has never developed a Margaritaville Hotel and has only interacted with the Margaritaville folks while developing Hotel Indigo in Tuscaloosa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area