Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 03:01 PM

165 posts, read 211,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet65 View Post
Would conservative republicans get along with most everyone in the Huntsville area? Do not want to live around liberals if possible.
Shouldn't be a problem. Look for neighborhoods where the cars have bumper stickers featuring Nathan Bedford Forrest, and you may be able to avoid not only liberals but also African-Americans, gays, and other undesirables. If you're lucky, your neighbors may think that President Obama was born in Kenya and is a Muslim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 03:02 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
The Pizza Huts here are franchises - the owners chose not to provide delivery.
And you have to ask for sauce at the lunch buffet.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:37 PM

26 posts, read 46,617 times
internet service good ?

Old 01-13-2013, 09:33 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,440,815 times
redbird - your anecdotes are not data. Every point I made is fact - conservatives are 'more likely' to have those lifestyle attributes I mentioned. As for color, voting data prove that point.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:24 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
OK bigots... Everyone back to their corners and put on a happy faces

Now let us hug & get along...

Old 01-27-2013, 01:33 PM

26 posts, read 46,617 times
Is it best to already have a job to go to before moving to Huntsville? Or are there office
jobs down there I might be able to walk into? I have over 30 years office/customer service related
experience under my belt and am looking to relocate out of this frozen tundra and get settled down south before I turn 50. I have researched different areas down south and have fallen in love with Huntsville
and really want to take the plunge and move my husband and two adult age sons with us. I also like the
fact Huntsville is a medium size city and not a large size city. growing up in a small town I feel like Huntsvilles size will be a nice change.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:32 PM

944 posts, read 1,186,299 times
Have you visited Huntsville? Seen if it's the place for you? I wouldn't think relocating without a job or a big chunk of change would be wise? Check the job sites online & see if there are jobs in your field - moving without knowing might not be a great idea...we're relocating, but hubby has a job to go to, relocation assistance - friends in the area...so many variables to look at before taking a massive plunge & moving across half the US - the move alone is expensive as all get out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area