Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2010, 01:23 PM

8 posts, read 34,293 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I am here to ask your feed back on the infant program at Five star montessori at kingsland blvd, katy. I I checked out the place in person and stayed in the parking lots to ask parents about this facility. I spoke to 5 parents and two of them are bringing in/brought their second baby there. If you have anything good or bad to say about this facility, it will be of GREAT help.

Please note this facility is in Katy and I am not enquiring about the energy corridor one.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 02:54 PM

369 posts, read 845,203 times
Not sure about that particular school, but I do know that The Post Oak School in Bellaire is one of the best Montessori schools in the entire world. Might be a bit pricey though if you're worried about money.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:29 PM

124 posts, read 700,955 times
To gather detail information about child care centers, citations, etc. go to the Texas Department Family and Protective Services website. http//:DFPS - Texas Department of Family and Protective Services

When you get to that site click on "Childcare Licensing" and under that click on "Search Texas Child Care". Type in the school name along with the county. You will be able to read any discrepancies that any center has had for the past 3 years.

When I was going through the preschool touring process for my child, I contacted the state about the various schools that I liked. The licensing agent gave me their site and assisted me further with my additional questions.

The TDFPS was a real help for me. Even though I always had a list of interview questions for my tours and asked other parents about their experiences, I needed to know more. Knowing what goes on behind close doors and seeing if a school is following state regulations was an additional help for me.

Also, reading reviews on Great Schools http://www.greatschools.com was very informative. They have preschools and daycare center reviews on their site. You can also post your question on their site as well.

Last, but not least always follow your instinct and motherly intuition. If a school appears to not feel right during a tour, then it's probably not the right school.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:24 AM

8 posts, read 34,293 times
Thanks Rose1, Greatschoolsreview has a very high review for this school. Thats one of the reason's I picked this one. In the mean time, I wanted to know if any body has had any personal experiance with this school. Thanks again for your time

Old 10-19-2011, 03:15 PM

2 posts, read 8,059 times
Five star montessori at kingsland blvd, katy is not a good one, the director does not care about your child at all, nor parents feeling about some incidents happened, she thinks that is not big deal, while for your little one of course it is a big deal, and we parents like to see how you prevent those incidents. She does not have the professional skill to handle this type of scenarios, the bottom line is she is lacking of caring and loving heart!!

Old 10-19-2011, 03:21 PM

2 posts, read 8,059 times
Angry not a good school for your little one

Five star montessori at kingsland blvd, katy is not a good one, the director does not care about your child at all, nor parents feeling about some incidents happened, she thinks that is not big deal, while for your little one of course it is a big deal, and we parents like to see how you prevent those incidents. She does not have the professional skill to handle this type of scenarios, the bottom line is she is lacking of caring and loving heart!!

Old 10-19-2011, 03:23 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,184,775 times
ParentsCare: Guna, the OP, moved to Detroit over a year ago. I don't think she cares anymore.

Ronnie

Old 10-19-2011, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 4,019 times
I total agree that five star Montessori at Kingland is not a good childcare facility. First, management doesn't have right quality to handle childcare accidents, such as bite; second, teachers have high turnover rate, so that second day when you send you kid in, you find a different teacher, they total mess up everything, such as feeding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston