Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 09:37 PM

62 posts, read 215,488 times

Advertisements

I have read almost all of the post about where to live in Houston but I have not found anybody say anything about out west on Hwy. 59 toward Rosenberg or west on Hwy 90. Is this area heavily populated and or safe? Husband's work will be Hwy 288 and Int. 10 area so what would that commute be like? We would like to live out of the city some but do not want a super long commute. We do not have any children living at home so schools are not important to us. I prefer to not be close to the coast area because of Hurricanes but would prefer being inland some. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Last edited by cakebaker; 06-08-2007 at 10:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 11:37 PM

15 posts, read 66,844 times
Rosenburg is an est. city. Kinda older. Hwy 90 is growing mainly just subdivisions, the traffic is really bad on 90. Although 90 is close to hwy 6 which leads to sugarland, a very desirable area. Rated 2nd best place to live. As far as where your husband works 288 hits 45 at I-10 its not very close to those at all, your looking at a long ride in lots of traffic. The highways out here are crazy traffic not less u leave at 6 am. Mostly everything around that area is in the city, but u could try memorial, and off of allen parkway. I guess it just depends on how far u are willing to drive to work. hope any of this helps.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:20 AM

I was wrong about location of where hubby will work. It is Hwy 288 and Beltway 8. Would that still make Rosenberg an outrageous commute? Also with Sugarland, are there parts of it you would not live, due to crime or flooding? Is it all subdivisions? What are property taxes like in that area, same as Harris County?

Last edited by cakebaker; 06-09-2007 at 11:45 AM..

Old 06-09-2007, 12:54 PM

Sugarland is very nice theres a towncenter which has alot of shops and eating places, they have free salsa dances once a month and lots of other activities they put on there thats free. its by first colony mall and a movie theatre. That area doesnt have alot of crime. its becoming more of an upscale area to live in but its still very kid friendly. it would prolly take your husband about an hour to get to work from there or maybe a little longer. are u looking to live in suburbs or apartment or more country atmosphere, what kind of area are u exactly looking for and i could feed u more info.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butta fli View Post
Sugarland is very nice theres a towncenter which has alot of shops and eating places, they have free salsa dances once a month and lots of other activities they put on there thats free. its by first colony mall and a movie theatre. That area doesnt have alot of crime. its becoming more of an upscale area to live in but its still very kid friendly. it would prolly take your husband about an hour to get to work from there or maybe a little longer. are u looking to live in suburbs or apartment or more country atmosphere, what kind of area are u exactly looking for and i could feed u more info.
We would like to live in a more country area but I am afraid the commute will be too much. We prefer to rent an apt. (but the only apts. I have seen online are very old) for awhile till we see exactly where we would want to buy and live. We now live in the Midwest in a suburb of a large city but the commute is about 1 hour now and we had hoped to avoid that in our next move. How far is Rosenberg from Sugarland (time wise not mile wise)? Thanks for any help! I have only been to Houston twice and that was many years ago.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:05 PM

also off of hwy 6 closer to fortbend beltway is missouri city thats a nice area as well just stay within the neighborhoods before the beltway, its about 20 minutes from sugarland but closer to your husbands work.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:18 PM

its about twenty minutes in non traffic timing. anything further than sugarland in that about area will take u about an hour to get to work in traffic. most of the apartments are older in rosenburg cuz its and older city its done growing.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
its about twenty minutes in non traffic timing. anything further than sugarland in that about area will take u about an hour to get to work in traffic. most of the apartments are older in rosenburg cuz its and older city its done growing.
Are there any apts. in Sugarland or Missouri City that are newer and nice and safe? I found one website to look for apts but you couldn't see much about the apts. It is just so hard trying to learn a new city before you actually move there.
Thanks!

Old 06-11-2007, 03:38 PM

i cant think of any off the top of my head but sugarland has more and their nicer. u should get in touch with a apartment locator and they could really help yall find what your looking for and its free.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:32 PM

Quote:
i cant think of any off the top of my head but sugarland has more and their nicer. u should get in touch with a apartment locator and they could really help yall find what your looking for and its free.
Thanks for all your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston