Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 10:42 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,020,839 times

Advertisements

Meh. Closed just fine on my house last year with Cornerstone/Crestmark. So did all the rest of my neighbors. Also be wary of all these new users complaining about them in such quick succession
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 08:57 PM

3 posts, read 12,261 times
Don't know what they are doing.....RUN!!!! Always making up excuses, regional manager never takes my phone calls even though I spoke to her and she said she will let me know answers the very next day. Awful with communication and that's all I really ask. Don't know why Perry homes use it.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:49 AM

509 posts, read 735,536 times
Cornerstone has done my last four mortgages and everything was perfect each time. They are the company I refer all my friends and family to. None of us has had any problems at closing. The rates have always been competitive as well.

Old 08-10-2015, 11:23 AM

3,283 posts, read 6,051,955 times
Cornerstone did my initial purchase in 2011. No problems at all. Gave a nice gift basket at closing. Very nice and accommodating. At the time I got the best rate through them. At time of refi another came in a bit better

I dont know how others buy houses but I never had to go to an office other than at signing. A review about going in to discuss papers or see a loan officer sounds suspect

Old 08-10-2015, 02:42 PM

112 posts, read 199,275 times
We bought a Perry home and used Crestmark. We had no problems or issues and the rate was competitive. We just received notice that they are selling the mortgage to another company, but there were no issues. Laura Blake was easy to work with and very responsive to our questions.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:00 AM

465 posts, read 613,820 times
We had a broker with our Perry Home but Crestmark offered a competitive rate mid build so we thought we'd give them a shot. They were very nice and seemed on top of it and answered my questions. However as we got closer to closing our broker came back with a better rate and advised to lock in. When I questioned Crestmark on locking a rate I didn't really get an answer. I then via email asked them if they could BEAT my brokers rate, and that interest rates were going to go up again. Our broker said if we lock in we have til 10 pm that night. We waited til the next day and sill NOTHING from Crestmark. Broker called said rate is exactly same and we can still lock. We waited til 9pm. I emailed Crestmark..nothing. The next day Crestmark comes back and says, yeah we can MATCH it. Told them, sorry too late we went with broker last night when we did not hear back for over 48 hours. Not only that but the rates did go up so we were glad we locked it in. No reply back from CM, no sorry, no okay thanks.......just nothing. Loan will most likely be sold anyways whether you use CM or another company. We didn't go with USAA because their rates were not as competitive as the rate our broker got us and USAA tells YOU when THEY want to close so if you are building that really puts you in a hairy situation if the house is not complete. USAA said they are so busy that changing dates on closing can delay by weeks. We closed in June. Our house was delayed by a week and a 1/2 because of all that rain we got.

Old 08-12-2015, 11:47 AM

39 posts, read 78,379 times
I used them in May 2015 and did not have issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston