Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 03:25 AM

2 posts, read 1,706 times

Advertisements

Hey guys i will be attending HCC ( houston community college - central campus ) soon and i am stuck on housing options.

Since i am new to the city i dont really know my way around so it would be difficult to live far away from campus, although short bus rides is acceptable

I understand HCC does not provide dorms for its students and considering i am an international student i need help on picking the right/best place to live where there is a concentration of international students like me living in the area.

Does anyone know where do most of the foreign students live?, Area/Location?

If not,

where would you recommend i look into?,

i tried searching on Craigslist but all lead to disappointment

Thanks for your time in helping me

EDIT: My budget including utilities would be around $500-600 per month - considering this i know i would just be able to get a room and not an apartment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 11:37 AM

2 posts, read 1,658 times
CHI

am trying to find out if houston communtiy college have a door room

Old 01-09-2014, 11:39 AM

2 posts, read 1,658 times
am trying to find if H.C.C have a door room

Old 01-10-2014, 07:23 AM

2 posts, read 1,706 times
Bump

Old 01-10-2014, 08:55 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,809,398 times
Here's an article from Swamplot regarding some apartments being renovated in Midtown. Read the article and the comments.

http://swamplot.com/taking-on-a-roug...io/2012-10-02/

Old 01-10-2014, 09:06 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaafaa View Post
Hey guys i will be attending HCC ( houston community college - central campus ) soon and i am stuck on housing options.

Since i am new to the city i dont really know my way around so it would be difficult to live far away from campus, although short bus rides is acceptable

I understand HCC does not provide dorms for its students and considering i am an international student i need help on picking the right/best place to live where there is a concentration of international students like me living in the area.

Does anyone know where do most of the foreign students live?, Area/Location?

If not,

where would you recommend i look into?,

i tried searching on Craigslist but all lead to disappointment

Thanks for your time in helping me

EDIT: My budget including utilities would be around $500-600 per month - considering this i know i would just be able to get a room and not an apartment
The only close apartments to HCC are in Midtown, and you're going to have to double your budget to get into one of those. You might want to look at getting a roomate, or look into maybe a garage apt in Montrose or museum district.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:15 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,809,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
The only close apartments to HCC are in Midtown, and you're going to have to double your budget to get into one of those. You might want to look at getting a roomate, or look into maybe a garage apt in Montrose or museum district.
The apartments that I posted above rent for $600 all bills paid. There's a comment at the end of the article by the owner stating such but that was about a year ago.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:17 AM

860 posts, read 1,586,050 times
There are frequent inquiries on this forum about housing for HCC students, particularly those who are new to the area. Even though the college doesn't have student housing, it would seem that its admissions or counseling office could provide some information or leads on where to look.

Or perhaps no one at HCC cares...it isn't in their job description.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:25 AM

785 posts, read 1,235,018 times
Try 1624 and 1630 Holman Street, those units were rehabbed last year and are really close to HCC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: