Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 02:59 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,531,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Chad - methinks you have an aggressive streak a mile long.

The Bugatti guy was 34 years old and from Lufkin. Seems odd - do you think the market in Lufkin for that type of luxury car is that great.........

I found it odd they had it on film too......

Um, there are a lot of rich paper mill and land owners in NE Texas. I wouldn't be surprised.

I drove by a French Chateaux moved over from France stone by stone, in the middle of no where, on the way to Mt. Pleasant last year.

People make such a snap to judgement that people of a certain age can't be worth millions... Maybe he rode the Tech Stock wave like a lot of us did in our early 20's and made a bundle, maybe he owns a .com, maybe Daddy gave it to him...

....or maybe he's that dude that restores luxury cars. hmmm.

Last edited by EasilyAmused; 11-14-2009 at 03:14 PM..

Old 11-14-2009, 03:04 PM

795 posts, read 2,301,331 times
Talking driving miss nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post
why are drivers in Houston so stupid?
They took their drivers edd from the Waikiki Beachboys Canoe Club.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:27 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,829,083 times
I find that slow drivers are my big issue on the freeways and major thoroughfares (HWY 90 Beltway 8). For the love of all that's holy, if you are driving in the fast lane (the left lane!!!) and a car comes up behind you, move out of the way. This is common courtesy, otherwise you force me to pass you on the right, which is not appropriate.

If Houston could learn this ONE RULE, I know my life would be easier and probably many of yours.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:40 PM

795 posts, read 2,301,331 times
Quote:
I heard a few days ago that someone on 45 drove a bugatti veryon off the road and into saltwater because they were looking at a pelican.
The $1.73mil Bugatti Veyron that took a saltbath

Man distracted by bird drives Bugatti into marsh - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091113/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_lagoon_bugatti - broken link)

The cost of the first scheduled service on a Veyron is £13,645 ($22,322), with later services getting more expensive. Tires need to be replaced approximately every 4,000 kilometres (2,500 mi). The cost of tires for a Veyron is £6,325 ($10,347) a set, and they can be fitted only by Bugatti. Bugatti says that labour is the bulk of the cost at £6,000 ($9,815), which also includes checking the many complex systems on the car. At every third tyre change, the roadwheels must be replaced. The cost to extend the original two-year new car warranty is £38,000 ($62,164) for 1 year, and £63,000 ($103,062) for 2 years.

Bugatti Veyron: Buying best car in world

DIY servicing? Nope.

Even after you would take delivery of the vehicle, you can´t do whatever you want with it - the contract has a series of rather strict rules in them: For one thing, you have to agree to let Bugatti do all the servicing and repairs. Which means that either do engineers have to fly in from France, or you could, of course, drop the car off at the factory yourself: There will be no tinkering around with the engine on a lazy sunday afternoon then.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:46 PM

91 posts, read 280,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
I find that slow drivers are my big issue on the freeways and major thoroughfares (HWY 90 Beltway 8). For the love of all that's holy, if you are driving in the fast lane (the left lane!!!) and a car comes up behind you, move out of the way. This is common courtesy, otherwise you force me to pass you on the right, which is not appropriate.

If Houston could learn this ONE RULE, I know my life would be easier and probably many of yours.
This is one of my main complaints in MA, too. I think I'd be ok in Houston, then.

Ann

Old 11-14-2009, 03:52 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,829,083 times
If you can drive on Route 1 in Boston...all the way to Logan....you can drive anywhere. MA drivers are insane!!!

Old 11-14-2009, 04:21 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,472,212 times
I think the problem is lack of bumpers. Cars use to have spring loaded bumpers. You could hit a guy at 10 mph, and sustain little or no damage. Now the most expensive body peice of a car, is the "so called" bumper. they want us to wreck them, cause they cost so much to replace. (nobody repairs them, just replace) --If we all had good bumpers, and all at the same height I might add, Us Houstonians could show you Foreigners a thing or two about "Combat Driving" Zoom-Zoom

Old 11-14-2009, 04:51 PM

277 posts, read 369,212 times
Quote:
I heard a few days ago that someone on 45 drove a bugatti veryon off the road and into saltwater because they were looking at a pelican. Also I have been hit 7 times in less than 2 years by other vehicles. Do they assume that if their car is taller than mine that it automatically weighs more? They get mad when they crash into it and it tears their car up. I have been hit by an o'reillys truck, I got hit by and totaled a dodge ram 1500, 2 scion xb's, a civic, a ford ranger, and a mazda 6. I had a woman on antoine in some kind of toyota suv hit her side on my trunk lid, then she slowly creeped up you could hear the metal on her side crunching and tearing. There was a big crease down the side of the suv she just kept going. My favorite wreck was when a purple scion xb was hell bent on passing on bammel-north houston. They hit the front of my car trying to pass so I just pushed the gas all the way down and knocked them off the road.
HA! If you think Houston is bad, you have never driven in Miami, New York or L.A. When I left Miami for Houston, I was like wow, people on the MOST part cooperate here. Look, for being the fourth largest city in the country with millions of drivers, it's really not that bad. Will you have an accident here and there...of course. It's about math. More drivers, higher chance for an accident. Overall, Houston drivers are pretty good.

And I think the problem may be you. You have had waaaaay too many accidents. Come on, 7 accidents in 2 years...I think the problem is you. I have driven in Miami for 10 years and in Houston for 2 years and have had ZERO accidents. Maybe you need to be more careful. Look at all your mirrors before turning.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:34 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,684,176 times
Quote:
I heard a few days ago that someone on 45 drove a bugatti veryon off the road and into saltwater because they were looking at a pelican. Also I have been hit 7 times in less than 2 years by other vehicles. Do they assume that if their car is taller than mine that it automatically weighs more? They get mad when they crash into it and it tears their car up. I have been hit by an o'reillys truck, I got hit by and totaled a dodge ram 1500, 2 scion xb's, a civic, a ford ranger, and a mazda 6. I had a woman on antoine in some kind of toyota suv hit her side on my trunk lid, then she slowly creeped up you could hear the metal on her side crunching and tearing. There was a big crease down the side of the suv she just kept going. My favorite wreck was when a purple scion xb was hell bent on passing on bammel-north houston. They hit the front of my car trying to pass so I just pushed the gas all the way down and knocked them off the road.
I think there is just a rush of Houstonians who want you to be aggressive and hit them in the head. How else can you explain having so many people target you for car wrecks?

Old 11-14-2009, 06:56 PM

739 posts, read 2,264,808 times
I have a feeling about 90% of these accidents here in houston are caused either by people exceeding the abilities of their car, driving automatics with both feet and not looking down the road and being distracted by wildlife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston