Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2007, 08:22 PM

4 posts, read 11,530 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I work for a Software product company based in CA and we have planned to open a new office in Texas(Austin or Houston) . I will be in charge of this new office(small - <5 people initially)

I want to know what are the locations we should consider in and around Austin / Houston ? (both for office as well as home)

Some criteria could be

1. Within 30 - 40 mins drive from the airport as we will have a lot of business travellers.
2. Good school districts
3. Office space in the business district
4. Less than 15 minutes commute between home and office
5. 2BR apartment or townhomes for less than $1000 rent p.m

Please give me some suggestions in Houston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2007, 02:18 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,869,540 times
I'd look at The Woodlands near Houston, since it's a nice suburb not too far from the big airport.
Kingwood is another one.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:20 PM

4 posts, read 11,530 times
Thanks for the reply - JJP. We recently heard abt Sugarland after it won the 3rd place in the CNN money - Best Places to live contest.

Any thoughts / suggestions abt Sugarland ?

emargee

Old 05-12-2007, 09:29 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,485,657 times
Downtown Houston because everyone can live in Katy, Woodlands, Sugar Land, etc. and get there very easily. The commuter train system into Downtown Houston is starting to come together now.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emargee View Post
Thanks for the reply - JJP. We recently heard abt Sugarland after it won the 3rd place in the CNN money - Best Places to live contest.

emargee
Sugar Land is great... that's where we are... but it's a long drive to IAH airport if you want to be near it. Hobby Airport wouldn't be as bad though.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emargee View Post

emargee
Also, I used to live in Austin and I think the market there is kind of saturated. I'd go with a nice area of Houston instead. You're right, Sugar Land would be a great place to start up, the only drawback is it's probably close to an hour drive to the big airport (Bush IAH). There is another airport that's a little closer (Hobby).

Hope that helps some!

http://www.sugarlandtx.gov

Old 05-17-2007, 03:45 PM

413 posts, read 834,953 times
Sugar land is where my parents live. It is a very nice city. however it is 45 minutes to IAH and 35 to Houston hobby. hobby does not have so many flights. Also I think you will struggle to find a 2BR for under $1000. Not many apts. in sugarland proper and they tend to be more expensive.

If distance to aiport is a primary concern, i'd look at Woodlands, Kingwood and Spring. Spring may be the best combo of affordibility and a nice place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston