Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 09:46 AM

1,326 posts, read 3,455,967 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have a good home remedy for squeaking shoes?
The shoes I wear to work have been squeaking for some time now and its starting to become a little embarrassing, lol.
I'm not sure exactly what part of the shoe is squeaking.
Here's a LINK to the shoes I am referring to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 10:28 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,470,269 times
It would be helpful, if you could narrow down what part of the shoe is actually doing the squeaking. Is the sole squeaking on the floor? Or is the leather actually squeaking?

Old 10-13-2009, 10:32 AM

714 posts, read 2,936,484 times
I don't think there is a good home remedy for squeaking soles. Take them to a good shoe repair shop, they can help.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
It would be helpful, if you could narrow down what part of the shoe is actually doing the squeaking. Is the sole squeaking on the floor? Or is the leather actually squeaking?
I'm not really sure, I think its the sole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboybootnut View Post
I don't think there is a good home remedy for squeaking soles. Take them to a good shoe repair shop, they can help.
Yeah, I could do that I guess.
I just don't want to be charged too much.
Any suggestions on somewhere in Katy?

Old 10-13-2009, 12:04 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,293,490 times
Default Take a can of WD-40 to work with you...

Just kidding of course. I had a similar problem with my $120.00 pair of shoes (I know, nothing compared to women's cost for shoes). It happened only when I took a step, and I traced it down to some sort of metal, or plastic support plate in the center over the arch. I just stopped wearing them, and now that you reminded me of it, I think I will just chunk them, I don't miss them.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post

Just kidding of course. I had a similar problem with my $120.00 pair of shoes (I know, nothing compared to women's cost for shoes). It happened only when I took a step, and I traced it down to some sort of metal, or plastic support plate in the center over the arch. I just stopped wearing them, and now that you reminded me of it, I think I will just chunk them, I don't miss them.
Good shoes have a Metal "Shank" inset in the arch. They should not be lose, and make noise. Rubber soles often squeak on a slick floor, much like when you wet your thumb, and rub it on an infalted ballon. Walking of rough concrete, should scuff them up some, so they won't squeak so bad.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Good shoes have a Metal "Shank" inset in the arch. They should not be lose, and make noise. Rubber soles often squeak on a slick floor, much like when you wet your thumb, and rub it on an infalted ballon. Walking of rough concrete, should scuff them up some, so they won't squeak so bad.
That's the issue I'm having.
When I walk a hard floor, its really loud.
Its not so loud when I walk on carpet.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
That's the issue I'm having.
When I walk a hard floor, its really loud.
Its not so loud when I walk on carpet.
If they squeak on carpet, I would take them back, and have them check for looseness in the "Shank." I sold good shoes for years, and now sell Skate Shoes and boots. I don't yet know it all, but I'm working on it.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:43 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,293,490 times
Default Yes...

Quote:
If they squeak on carpet, I would take them back, and have them check for looseness in the "Shank." I sold good shoes for years, and now sell Skate Shoes and boots. I don't yet know it all, but I'm working on it.
My one shoe squeaks on carpet, it is coming from inside the shoe over the arch. If I took a slow step, no squeak... I guess I would look funny with a fast step, then slow... like that jive swagger some hipcats have! All I would need is a fuzzy Fedora with a feather in it to cross into the Pimp world.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I've had these shoes for about 2 years now.
They've only recently started squeaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
My one shoe squeaks on carpet, it is coming from inside the shoe over the arch. If I took a slow step, no squeak... I guess I would look funny with a fast step, then slow... like that jive swagger some hipcats have! All I would need is a fuzzy Fedora with a feather in it to cross into the Pimp world.
LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston