Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,373 times

Advertisements

Does any one have some advices or opinions for the newly built house in Cinco Ranch area? I couldn’t make decision between Pulte and Lennar homes. Which builder is better and could make a better deal? Is there a good area for investment? Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 03:17 PM

299 posts, read 1,016,438 times
I bought new Lennar construction in Cinco. So as not to violate the terms of this forum I will not detail my interaction with the builder but i'll just say that it has been unsatisfactory. I have never dealt with Pulte.

We purchased in Cinco because we saw it as a good place to live and raise a family. We believe the quality and proximity of high quality schools, parks, shopping, etc. will continue to make it a desireable place to live and therefore help the value increase. But, we did not buy with the expectation of doubling our money in ten years or anything like that.

if you direct message me I can provide you with my specific story. Other than that I can say that the area is a great one to live in and should remain that way for a long time. Your satisfaction with your individual house depends significantly on the builder, their subcontractors, and their corporate philosophy.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:42 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,084,836 times
quality and style of home is near identicle. lennar seams to be hurting more then pulte so IMO they would make a better deal on price. i have worked for both and have seen little difference is quality. lennar is in financial trouble so they may be risky long term if they do actually go belly up. (i dont expect they will)

baggiegenes, if you had a bad experience with lennar in cinco, i am surprised really, i have not done business with them in a couple yrs but their builders in cinco where always pretty good builders. maybe their monetary needs have caused them to cut back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: