Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 12:44 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,626,437 times

Advertisements

This will be the debut of a new format to make this a little faster to load. Click to enlarge and click again to make a little bigger. Let me know what you think.

Fresh Air - Lake Livingston, TX

I've shown a lot of the city. How about a quick little trip out to the country?

Somebody dropped a bunch of boxes on Highway 190 here just outside of Onalaska, a few miles west of Livingston. So I pulled off to the side and took some pictures.

Nobody stopped to buy any watermelons though. Maybe it's the economy.

Lake Livingston. Thanks "CitrusFruit"

The Show Must Go On - Galveston, TX

Let's see how Galveston's doing, about nine months after Hurricane Ike.

There's life on some streets and some others are still essentially abandoned. I had no problem parking on the Strand near 20th on a Saturday night.

Not too much action around there.

Further up the Strand things are getting back to normal.

I didn't cover a lot of ground, I know, but I was here to catch a show at the Old Quarter Acoustic Cafe, 20th and Postoffice, next to the 1894 Opera House.

Mark Ethan Messick and Austin Mayse at the Old Quarter.

Ike's gone, but the show goes on in Galveston.

"Remember when you could smoke in bars?"

Postoffice Street.

Galveston shall be revisited soon.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 06:03 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,733,428 times
Wow Jfe you did it again. Great pics of my beloved Lake Livingston. But why all in Onalaska? You should do Lake Livingston State Park for some great lake pics. Or the overlook tower overlooking below the dam with crashing water and all the birds and wildlife.

I live too far from my property now but when I next take a ride up I will let you know and you can take lake pics from my dock.

I think your pics are from Kickapoo. If you go out to the 2nd Onalaska bridge, make the first hairpin left and into the public boat launch. Go under the big bridge for some great photography.

Great Galveston pics too.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:22 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,626,437 times
I'm not too familiar with the area as I haven't been up that way in a long time so it was more to explore than to take pictures. But because of that spill on the highway, instead of being stuck in traffic I just got out and did something sort of productive. Fate just kind of picked that spot out for me.

Quote:
I live too far from my property now but when I next take a ride up I will let you know and you can take lake pics from my dock.
Awesome. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston