Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 12:39 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,824,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirjaja View Post
We bought a house in NT when we relocated down here a couple of years ago (we're close to Brazos Bend Elementary & the Cunningham Creek Pool). It most definately does not take 10 minutes to get to 59. I drive to Rosenberg for work -- and it takes me 12 minutes door to door. If someone is taking 10 minutes to get to 59 - they must be taking the scenic route (and going by covered wagon). In fact, the only time I ever see traffic in NT is right a 3 pm when the schools let out and all of the parents line up to get their kids.
I agree! (And I must be your neighbor as I live close to BBE as well).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 04:31 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,482,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheretogo View Post
90 is great on peak hours until it reaches Stella link exit. From there to your parking garage in medical center..its REALLY a mess. At least 25 minutes because of all those bottlenecks and lights.

Same story in the afternoon. It'll take forever to cross 610 on 90

Medical center will always be traffic nightmare as there is no room for more lanes on Fannin/Main.
Who was the total idiot in government who allowed that very nice new Rt 90 Freeway (from near the Astrodome to not-quite Sugar Land near Missouri C. a limited access hiway) be built with no ramp onto 610? It's insane. The highway turns into plain old Main St. with traffic lights every block right at 610 with no ramps from one freeway to the other but just a traffic light and left and right turn lanes. It would be a great relief route for the 59 freeway during rush hour except except for that bottleneck. You fly from Mo City to the AstroDome area in 10 minutes but then loose all your advantage sitting through five cycles of the traffic light at the 610 for 10-15 minutes or more. Why even spend billions building the freeway when you got from Mo City to the Medical center in the same total time before the constructions, just redistributed into a slower, more steady drive from one-cycle light to the next???

Does anyone know if there are plans for ramps onto the 610 Loop? They would be soooo welcome!

Last edited by bamba_boy; 04-24-2010 at 04:40 PM..

Old 04-24-2010, 05:18 PM

734 posts, read 1,080,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirjaja View Post
We bought a house in NT when we relocated down here a couple of years ago (we're close to Brazos Bend Elementary & the Cunningham Creek Pool). It most definately does not take 10 minutes to get to 59. I drive to Rosenberg for work -- and it takes me 12 minutes door to door. If someone is taking 10 minutes to get to 59 - they must be taking the scenic route (and going by covered wagon). In fact, the only time I ever see traffic in NT is right a 3 pm when the schools let out and all of the parents line up to get their kids.

As far as grocery stores - Randalls is not the only option. HEB (corner of 59 & 99) is very popular amongst my neighbours (& it is where I prefer to shop), there is a new Kroger just down 99, and there is an established Kroger on Sweetwater. If you drive through NT and turn on University (in Telfair) - you exit right at the Walmart (Hwy 90 & 6). Nothing is more than 5 minutes away.

THe other posters are correct - homes in NT sell very quickly. If one is on the market for very long, it is either because it needs work, or because it has [cooking/ethnic] odors. Our RE agent said that the majority of homes sell here within 7 days - and from what I've seen - that seems true to form.
You work in the suburbs... the large subdivisions arent going to seem all that annoying. But when you drive from downtown and you take the exit, it feels like another hour before you get to someones house in NT.

The sheer amount of stop signs, lights and slow moving traffic is enough to annoy me. And I am not saying First Colony is any better, they also have an excessive amount of stop signs and lights, but the subdivisions seem to be less of a pain.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:54 PM

101 posts, read 128,005 times
Seems like there is a risk of property theft even in Sugar Land? I know a few tenants in West U area and none of them have experienced this before.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:53 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,824,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshRall View Post
Seems like there is a risk of property theft even in Sugar Land? I know a few tenants in West U area and none of them have experienced this before.
Well, there are a lot of people in Sugar Land who haven't experienced property theft, either. But I guarantee you that property theft is occurring in both Sugar Land and West U.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:43 AM

1,534 posts, read 3,494,121 times
There's theft everywhere, even in Memorial, River Oaks and West U! Got to use common sense like closing garage doors, don't leave valuables in car, etc.
It doesn't take 10min to get out of NT to 59.
Greatwood has new schools now that are supposedly very very good.
Both GW and NT have nice tall trees and beautifully kept neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston